• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shonen Jump Celebrates 50th Anniversary by Reprinting Landmark Issues

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the green death

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Ok, Flash Gordon was a part of the first issue of Shonen Jump?! Why the heck didn't I know that already, seems a pretty big east/west comics crossover trivia piece.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Considering how there are four of them in total, I wouldn't be surprised if two future packs wind up being the only times Jump manga ended with full-color final chapters. A pair of packs bundling the final chapters of Ring ni Kakero, Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, & Naruto would be really cool, especially since the full-color editions of those chapters have almost never been printed as they originally appeared in compiled volumes.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Viz, in case you're wondering, I would totally buy hard copies of these!

the green death wrote:
Ok, Flash Gordon was a part of the first issue of Shonen Jump?! Why the heck didn't I know that already, seems a pretty big east/west comics crossover trivia piece.

Yeah, that's wild! I wonder what other Western/American comics ran in manga magazines in Japan? It's kind of the inverse of the way the first few manga titles were printed in America as colored floppies.
HeroCrests

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:11 am Reply with quote
Shonen Jump sure is going all out for the anniversaries, which is understandable given how big it is.

Sadly I don't think Houshin Engi will make the cut in either of the seconf half of the pack, a shame since it's truly one of it's best series and a quite underrated at that.

On the other hand, that issue includes one of the most intense Jojo chapters, and if I had the means to I'd buy it just beacause of that.
wccw2399

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:41 pm Reply with quote
So where can i buy these? Shonen Jump and Viz hurry up and take my money already!
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1