• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Battle Girl High School, Plans HIDIVE Simulcast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The series will stream as a simulcast exclusively on HIDIVE beginning in July

...Aand we in the rest of the world will watch it the 'usual' way. As always...

Looking forward to this.

Edit;
TasteyCookie wrote:
Looks like it is also streaming for free on Youtube. So that's cool

Wait... If it's streaming on youtube as well, why is it mentioned to be exclusive to HIDIVE?

Last edited by Blanchimont on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
Looks like it is also streaming for free on Youtube. So that's cool
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
I'll be curious to see how aggressive Sentai gets with licensing. HIDIVE will need content to make it work, and Sentai likely has more money than usual through those licensing deals with Amazon last season. Plus, Sentai is at least aware that people were not receptive to Anime Strike.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

Wait... If it's streaming on youtube as well, why is it mentioned to be exclusive to HIDIVE?

Probably the English subbed version will be exclusive, I'd think. Perhaps the Youtube streaming will be region locked as well? I dunno.
Random Name

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Yay for HIDIVE!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I do not worry about HIDIVE having enough content because Sentai already has a ton of stuff on there. I support Sentai having simulcasts exclusively in Anime Strike if it nets them a lot of money. But I rather see HIDIVE take off and have Sentai put all of their simulcasts in there. Right know I have Strike, but I can see myself canceling it and subscribing to HIDIVE.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Sentai needs to pick a platform to stick all their simulcasts on and stick with it.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Plus, Sentai is at least aware that people were not receptive to Anime Strike.

That might be a significant understatement, I've been told the response to Sentai was overwhelmingly negative. In any case they are most assuredly aware.

I've been using HiDive over the past week and I'm keeping it. HTML 5 based player and nice fast streaming, a few glitches which would be expected for a "Beta" site. Pretty responsive help and nothing to complain about other than that they don't have everything Sentai has ... yet.

Mark Gosdin
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
In the future, especially when they upload the entirety of LotGH, I might switch out my Strike subscription for HIDIVE. My main problem with it is that there is no current mobile support. I don't use my laptop that much, so if they add apps for IOS/Android, as well as PS4/Xbox, I might just go with this.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
My main problem with it is that there is no current mobile support.

Supposedly they are working on them:

Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Sentai needs to pick a platform to stick all their simulcasts on and stick with it.

Well, they haven't tried Funimation yet so... fingers crossed?

I'm already a HIdiver... for the dubs... so this is a nice little bonus. I'm not expecting any more Dive exclusives as TAN only had just one last season. Kind of similar to this one, come to think, a commercial disguised as a show that stars only girls.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Pretty responsive help and nothing to complain about other than that they don't have everything Sentai has ... yet.

Also no apps at the moment, but they've already stated that they're working on them.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:

Well, they haven't tried Funimation yet so... fingers crossed.

I laughed out loud in the restaurant reading this
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda hoping once HiDive takes off and gets a lot of good feedback they will put most their simulcasts on there instead of Anime Strike. I'm sure there are a few people who like that service, but it is honestly horrible. I've subbed to HiDive and it is amazing I will continue to support it along with Crunchyroll.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:33 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
In the future, especially when they upload the entirety of LotGH, I might switch out my Strike subscription for HIDIVE. My main problem with it is that there is no current mobile support. I don't use my laptop that much, so if they add apps for IOS/Android, as well as PS4/Xbox, I might just go with this.

It doesn't have an app, but it uses HTML5, so it works in most mobile browsers. I'm able to stream in Safari with no issues. I wish it would work over AirPlay though, at least until the apps are ready to go.

Considering the issues that TAN had, I'm really quite impressed with how well HIDIVE has turned out. It has a modern, user friendly interface, and it seems quick and reliable. I've had no issues since the day of their initial launch. I too would love to see it take off and become the home of most, if not all of Sentai's simulcasts. But I can see how it would be hard, and probably impossible, of turn down Amazon's money. Hopefully, they will get a few more of them in future seasons, but at least adding new dubs is worth something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2