• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump Magazine Outlines 10 Projects Included in One Piece 20th Anniversary Issue on July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
I heard Oda will also draw a three-chapter "what if"-manga where Ace is saved by Sabo.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
This really is a great time to be alive to celebrate the 20th anniversary of One Piece.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
I heard Oda will also draw a three-chapter "what if"-manga where Ace is saved by Sabo.

I actually hate this and this doesn't even come from me thinking Ace and Sabo are some of the most overrated characters ever. This just feels like needless fanservice for no reason. This is literal fanfiction stuff, I'm 90% positive you could find this already in fanfiction.

Like who was asking for this, why do we need this, what function does it serve other than to waste time Oda could be doing something else or taking one of his breaks?
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:

Please tell me this is true, it is what i always wanted or a what if Luffy had died instead of Ace
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Please tell me this is true, it is what i always wanted or a what if Luffy had died instead of Ace

YonkouProductions posted the information on Twitter. I'm not sure if I should link him here because he's always providing use with the latest spoilers. He pinned the tweet with a preview image on his Twitter. He also said that this "what if"-manga will be called "Episode of Luff" and will be three chapters long.

He actually had the information about the 10 projects around two days before ANN wrote this article.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I hope that July 22 surprise is an announcement for a full-length movie or else, I'll be somewhat disappointed.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:58 pm Reply with quote
It's not specific to One Piece, but I love how the anime industry's "major announcements" are more often than not a promo poster or new pachinko machine or something. Maybe the hype train could use a bit of perspective. Very Happy
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:

This what if manga was in the first issue of the One Piece magazine, which came out on July 7.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:03 am Reply with quote
As I only read the 1st 7 volumes. I think I will get around to reading the rest when the manga ends. That way I could potentially do a large binge read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1