×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks to Release 1st New Initial D Film With English Dub




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kruszer



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 7949
Location: Minnesota, USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Would rather they released the 5th and 6th (Final) Stages instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Takkun4343



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1303
Location: Englewood, Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm just gonna assume they'll dub it in-house, 'cause there's no way they're getting either the FUNimation or even the Tokyopop cast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
ZeetherKID77



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 934
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
I'm just gonna assume they'll dub it in-house, 'cause there's no way they're getting either the FUNimation or even the Tokyopop cast.

The Japanese cast was different anyway. They could get Josh Grelle for Itsuki at least since he was in Infinite Stratos (and probably some other Sentai dubs) but I presume Takumi et al will be new VAs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blueno



Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, thought the love faded away for this series. I have yet to see the new movies, so this dub is right up my alley. Can't wait to see a new cast and those beautiful animations again! I wish stage 5 and final can also be dubbed too. But Funi owns the rights to that I think, so it's a no probably.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NJ_



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 2691
Location: Wallington, NJ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
I'm just gonna assume they'll dub it in-house, 'cause there's no way they're getting either the FUNimation or even the Tokyopop cast.


Tokyopop's dub was done in LA and was also union so that was never happening regardless.

As for the FUNi cast, they could try but they could also recast like Japan did. Some of the VAs have worked Sentai dubs before so it's not too out of the question though don't expect those who have since moved out of Texas to return (like Todd Haberkorn and soon Christopher Bevins).

Blueno wrote:
I wish stage 5 and final can also be dubbed too. But Funi owns the rights to that I think, so it's a no probably.


They don't or we would have seen them released here already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Punch Drunk Marc



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1693
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:04 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
As for the FUNi cast, they could try but they could also recast like Japan did. Some of the VAs have worked Sentai dubs before so it's not too out of the question though don't expect those who have since moved out of Texas to return (like Todd Haberkorn and soon Christopher Bevins)


Haberkorn still does shows with Funi, so I'm pretty sure it would only be a matter of pay with him since he has his own studio in his house and could record his lines and send them to Houston.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Codeanime93



Joined: 28 Jul 2017
Posts: 598
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Would rather they released the 5th and 6th (Final) Stages instead.

Me too. Why don't we release the rest of the show first before we start releasing the remake movies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group