• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IG Port's Quarterly Report Shows Deficit Despite Increase in Sales

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 pm Reply with quote
From what I understand from the article, IG lost due to the smartphone division, a market segment that probably is getting overcrowded and AFAIK has little synergy with their other franchises.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
From what I understand from the article, IG lost due to the smartphone division, a market segment that probably is getting overcrowded and AFAIK has little synergy with their other franchises.

Two of their latest investments, Smartphone and Live-action departments, just recently debuted and already did quite a few projects, they are still in the initial kick-off stage and those investments take a while to recover.

As a IG fan, I am not too concerned, and it seems they aren't either, since no adjustments have been made to the annual projections.

I am more impressed at the merchandise sales though.

PS: no matter what, at least it seems welcome to the ballroom and ancient magus bride aren't gonna contribute much to their revenue, sigh...
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
PS: no matter what, at least it seems welcome to the ballroom and ancient magus bride aren't gonna contribute much to their revenue, sigh...

Certainly Ballroom, but what makes you so sure about AMB? I can't imagine the manga hasn't already contributed to their revenue, as I've never heard of the other ones published by their magazines, aside from a few that were already adapted as anime or are adaptations of works from another medium.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1