• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Launches Mature Reader Imprint With Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, World's End

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Well then, Yuuna is actually a legitimately great manga and not for the fanservice, that's more of a side thing as weird as it may sound. It has great writing + a good story that allows for a lot of fun and creative moments, good and likable characters and one of the best mc's I've seen for these kinds of things. To top it off it has great artwork as well.

World's End Harem is hot garbage though and I will never understand the appeal of these kinds of series, wasting an interesting idea with some legitimately dumb main character in the context of things. That's all I'll say to keep is short and spoiler free.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Great, it honestly took way too long. Yunna is a great series and hopefully an anime is announced for it soon. It's got a lot of fun characters and fun fanservice too. Not a bit fan of their name change though...Yunna of Yuragi-Inn was fin and not as clunky or dorky as "Haunted Hot Springs"

Personally I like World's End Harem, that author is at least trying to do intrige and suspense with the story although sometimes it's a bit weird with it's logic.
Calico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm Reply with quote
The two new series actually popped up in Amazon listings a while ago, and everyone was confused because the publisher was listed as "Ghost Ship" which wasn't a publisher. Now it makes sense.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Pretty weird to see a Shueisha title go to Seven Seas.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
World's End Harem is just a dumb guilty pleasure title, no need to take it so seriously about it. Series sales incredible well in Japan all things considering, Vol 4 sales opened at 96K.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-11/japanese-comic-ranking-october-2-8/.122587
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
Pretty weird to see a Shueisha title go to Seven Seas.

Probably because Viz refuses to translate fanservice or mature stuff so since these are popular they let someone else take it.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Well this is a possible explanation as to why my previous pre-order of the To Love-Ru Omnibus and To Love-Ru Darkness that I made in April became unavailable. And I ended up having to cancel it than order the newer versions specifically listed as To Love-Ru Omnibus. At least it looks like this resolved it's self but that was a strange couple of days. Customer Service at Amazon didn't even know what was happening when contacted them about it.

Vol. 1 of Yuragisou no Yuuna-san was avalible for pre-order before this announcement I pre-orderd it but I didn't know this meant it was getting put out through a new imprint though. I'll look forward to reading it.

Some have asked on social media if it will only be fan service titles released or if potentially we could be looking at a release of violent mature titles as well.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Well then, Yuuna is actually a legitimately great manga and not for the fanservice, that's more of a side thing as weird as it may sound. It has great writing + a good story that allows for a lot of fun and creative moments, good and likable characters and one of the best mc's I've seen for these kinds of things. To top it off it has great artwork as well.

World's End Harem is hot garbage though and I will never understand the appeal of these kinds of series, wasting an interesting idea with some legitimately dumb main character in the context of things. That's all I'll say to keep is short and spoiler free.

There are times where I disagree with your opinions and I sometimes like fan service focused series, even harems, however while I'd probably word it less harshly I agree with you about "World's End Harem". I couldn't stand the main character and the bit that I've read was extremely frustrating. The entire premises and setup up that revolves around the main character was beyond ridiculous.

Heck tho it's cool the series was picked up for people that are fans of it, I can't judge the people that like it for having a different opinion than me.

Edit: I hadn't heard of "Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san" previously, but I just looked it up and ah I see it's a fan-service focused harem series. I've seen the cover before and heard some interesting things. Maybe I'll check it out.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I'll bite on yuuna. Looks good.
Vannil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, This is pretty exciting. I would have thought Yuuna would be picked up if TLR/TLD:D did well, but I guess they want to go all in. I just wonder if they are going to put future releases of MonMusu on their new imprint since that is the type of material that would fit in (with the announced tittles so far)
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Well I didn't think that Seven Seas would get Yuuna but Its worth getting but World End is just trush
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quote
So is Monster Musume not mature enough to be in this imprint? Seems kinda weird that they now decide to make a mature imprint despite the fact they've been releasing "mature" titles for a little while now. I'm guessing Yuuna and World's End are even more mature than what they have out.

As for the titles in question: I've heard a couple things about Yuuna that have enticed me enough about, and World's End sounds like the right level of shameless wish-fulfillment that would get me to at least read the first volume.
MehrGyaru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
So is Monster Musume not mature enough to be in this imprint? Seems kinda weird that they now decide to make a mature imprint despite the fact they've been releasing "mature" titles for a little while now. I'm guessing Yuuna and World's End are even more mature than what they have out.

As for the titles in question: I've heard a couple things about Yuuna that have enticed me enough about, and World's End sounds like the right level of shameless wish-fulfillment that would get me to at least read the first volume.

Honestly only World's End Harem is. Yuuna is in WSJ so it doesn't go to Monster Musume levels (Yokai Girls does). World's end has full female nudity (with usual Japanese censoring) and sex, so yeah it goes pretty far.

I think this imprint is a good move. They have been add more and more shrink wrap worthy titles, and it makes sense to keep them somewhat separate from the rest.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:16 pm Reply with quote
All right then. I have heard from the internet that Yuuna is pretty decent, so I’ll probably buy the manga if an anime is made for it and I enjoy it enough. I have read some chapters of World’s End, but stopped reading due to not enjoying it enough because of some reasons already stated here in this thread. Personally, it’s a little unfortunate that the english releases of the To Love-Ru and To Love-Ru Darkness manga volumes were delayed, but I can wait a little longer to buy them. I also wonder if Seven Seas will start putting future volumes of Monster Monsume in this new imprint.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah!! I love both of these series to death!! And World's End Harem actually gets better as the chapters goes on to be fair. I don't like Yunna as much as World's end. It's so much fanservice and such little story. I like thr character design so i'll pick up both!! I hope with this new Ghost Ship company they can FINALLY license Arachnid!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2