• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Harvest Moon: Light of Hope's Video Reveals Launch for PC on November 14

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To celebrate the original game's 20th anniversary, Natsume and Rising Star Games also developed and released a mobile app titled Harvest Moon Lil' Farmers. In addition, the companies re-released Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Bokujō Monogatari: Oh! Wonderful Life) and Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (Bokujō Monogatari 3: Heart ni Hi o Tsukete) for PlayStation 4 and Harvest Moon 64 (Bokujō Monogatari 2) for Nintendo Wii U this year.

Wait, Natsume no longer has the rights to publish the new Bokujo Monogatari games in the west, is actively preventing the original Japanese company that owns Bokujo Monogatari from using the English title for their new games, and is now celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Bokujo Monogatari franchise - which they are direct competitors to now - by... re-releasing old Bokujo Monogatari games under the name "Harvest Moon"? If Natsume refuses to let new Bokujo Monogatari games use the name "Harvest Moon", fine, that's business, but why still use it for old Bokujo Monogatari games?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1