• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Full Lineup Revealed for 2017 Kōhaku Song Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 am Reply with quote
I wish there were a way to watch this legitimately here in the US. Last year I found someone streaming it on Twitch and ended up watching the last two hours of it, including the Red Team's surprising victory. (Surprising because White won both the internet and live audience polls, but each of those counted for one ball in the voting bins, and apparently the celebrity judges went strongly for Red).

omegaproxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
No Miku yet it seems.
CR85747

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
I wish there were a way to watch this legitimately here in the US. Last year I found someone streaming it on Twitch and ended up watching the last two hours of it, including the Red Team's surprising victory. (Surprising because White won both the internet and live audience polls, but each of those counted for one ball in the voting bins, and apparently the celebrity judges went strongly for Red).

TV Japan, that channel on the ethnic tiers of major cable TV providers and DISH Network, is airing the show. TV Japan costs anywhere from $15-25 a month.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
CR85747 wrote:
TV Japan, that channel on the ethnic tiers of major cable TV providers and DISH Network, is airing the show. TV Japan costs anywhere from $15-25 a month.

Thanks. That explains it. TV Japan isn't on DirecTV, which is what we had last year (and have since dropped in favor of full-on cord-cutting). Looking at their page, they don't offer a streaming-only plan, and insist on being part of cable/satellite/IPTV services.
kenshin77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
If you live in LA, KSCI-TV Ch. 18 will usually air Kohaku on New Years Eve (on delay of course) at around 5pm. In past years it was on KSCI 18.2, until UTB (the Japanese programming company in LA) scaled back their digital channel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1