• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball FighterZ Game's 4th Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I find it weird that BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle will be released for the Switch but Dragon Ball FighterZ will not. Were there legal issues in the way?
CycloneJoker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I find it weird that BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle will be released for the Switch but Dragon Ball FighterZ will not. Were there legal issues in the way?

Could just be that the FighterZ developers weren't comfortable or unable to develop for Switch right away. They've expressed interest in doing it if it's what fans want, so I doubt something like licensing is what's holding them back. They probably just want to make sure the investment is worth it before they start developing a port.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Nintendo needs to stop dumbing down their systems. You can't expect third parties to water down their game just because Nintendo is a step behind. This happens to them every generation.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
CycloneJoker wrote:

Could just be that the FighterZ developers weren't comfortable or unable to develop for Switch right away. They've expressed interest in doing it if it's what fans want, so I doubt something like licensing is what's holding them back. They probably just want to make sure the investment is worth it before they start developing a port.

Ah, that'd make sense. I'm guessing development for this began before Cross Tag Battle, before the Switch's sales numbers started coming in.

v1cious wrote:
Nintendo needs to stop dumbing down their systems. You can't expect third parties to water down their game just because Nintendo is a step behind. This happens to them every generation.

The point of my question is that there are usually companies that will adapt their games to the systems and comapnies that will only develop for the most powerful systems (even if said system is just high-end PCs). Arc System Works shows that it's a company willing to make games for the Switch even if it's not as powerful as its competitors, so I found it strange that it's displaying inconsistency in that.

Also, to my knowledge, there has never been a video game systems generation in which the most powerful system was the market leader. There have been generations where the LEAST powerful system was the biggest money maker though (NES, PlayStation 2, Wii), demonstrating that most consumers don't care about a system's specs, just which ones have the games they most want to play.
RyuuGP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:57 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

It's always takes a while to develop game in a new platform.
OtakunX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

I think it more has to do with the idea that ArcSys already had the switch development in mind when working on the game. You could see their logo with info being 'untitled blazblue game' back when they were promoting 3rd party devs. So, it just seems like this was something that was handled way in advance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1