• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 22nd Detective Conan Film Reveals Title, Visual, April 13 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
They going to manage to work Shuichi Akai in this as well?
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to try the next anime Tachikawa would direct but i guess i'll not then.. (i haven't tried detective conan yet)
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
The Article wrote:
The shadow of Tōru Amuro, who works for the National Police Agency Security Bureau as Zero, appears at the site. In addition, the "triple-face" character is known as Rei Furuya as a detective and Kogorō Mōri's apprentice, and he is also known as Bourbon as a Black Organization member.

lolno

spoiler[He is Rei Furuya, who works for the National Police Agency Security Bureau. His nickname was "Zero" when he was a kid, because it's a pun on his given name, Rei. He is undercover both as Tōru Amuro as a detective and Kogorō Mōri's apprentice, as well as Black Organization code name Bourbon.

So basically, you got the names all mixed up. The most important bit is that it's Rei Furuya that's his real name, and Tōru Amuro is his cover name as Mōri's apprentice. Not the other way around.]

Also, I should mention that that paragraph contains massive spoilers for really important plot twists that happened pretty recently in the anime, even if it did get the names mixed up. It should really be marked as such.

Better yet, just remove that information entirely. It's not like it adds anything to the news topic the article is supposed to be about. That could easily be reworded as "The shadow of Tōru Amuro, a detective and Kogorō Mōri's apprentice, appears at the site. Kogorō is arrested as a suspect in the case of the explosion. Conan conducts an investigation to prove Kogorō's innocence, but Amuro gets in his way." It's succinct, flows better, and doesn't include completely needless spoilers that are irrelevant to the article.

Fun fact while I'm on the subject of names:
spoiler[
Both his real name and cover name are references to Amuro Ray, the protagonist of Mobile Suit Gundam, whom he shares a voice actor with. Similarly, his "rival" Shūichi Akai's real and all cover names are all references to Char Aznable, Amuro's rival in Mobile Suit Gundam whom he also shares a voice actor with.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Nice visual. Excited that the film will be a sequel to JnN and will focus on Toru. He's my favorite Conan character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1