• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri.: Our Future Anime Film's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 am Reply with quote
Anyone still hoping this will be decent? I mean, now that they've finished animating all the evolution scenes in the tri. style for the sake of doing so, we can get out Warp Evolutions now, can't we?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:57 am Reply with quote
Damn it, why are they using Magnadramon again? Ophanimon is the superior (and hotter) evolution...
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Damn it, why are they using Magnadramon again? Ophanimon is the superior (and hotter) evolution...

I prefer Magnadramon for consistency if nothing else, but it is weird that they're both canon in Tri.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am Reply with quote
I think we should be worried they're showing us so many spoilers and still no sign of the 02 kids.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I think we should be worried they're showing us so many spoilers and still no sign of the 02 kids.

Worried, yeah. But also hopeful. We could be exiting Adventure Tri. with hints of a 02 sequel next. Good idea? I don't know. After Tri, I'd like to see an up in quality overall, but it'd also mean more room for development of things brought up in Tri, but never concluded. It's also possible the 02 kids were doing stuff elsewhere and the sequel could cover those alternate events (and god forbid they don't show that they were in contact with the Tri cast all along, considering no one was worried about them in Tri...).

And if we get a 02 sequel and it's (hopefully) good, I'd welcome a Tamers sequel with open arms. I'm already excited for the Tamers drama CD that Konaka is going to be writing for the Tamers BD release...
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
Given how financially successful the Tri movies have been in both Japan and the US, a 02 sequel seems inevitable, but that doesn't change the fact they handled it poorly in the Tri movies. Tamers is my favorite season of Digimon, so unless they somehow get Chiaki Konoka and all the original staff back for Tamers, I don't want them to do a sequel to Tamers if it's just going to turn out like Tri did. I would much rather see Toei focus on making more original Digimon stories like they did with Appmon, which I think ended up being a far better series than Tri, in spite of all the early fandom cynicism towards Appmon. Digimon is always at it's best when it's focused on new original ideas instead of milking sequels for nostalgia's sake.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I personally was excited for Appmon to start, but the generic storytelling and one-domensional characters ripped me from it after it didn't improve 13 episodes in. Tri was flawed, but I'd hardly say it was bad. It had me more emotionally invested in its story than Appmon ever did.

I agree with Tamers, though. I really WOULD love to see it, but I only want a sequel if they can give us something far more substantial than what Tri gave us. On that note, I think a 02 sequel would at least be par for the course at this point. I think with fewer characters, they could focus more on the immediately important stuff. It'd probably end up shorter, too.
Ethe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the massive spoiler in the thumbnail, ANN.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Ethe wrote:
It's not really a spoiler when they've been teasing Tailmon's evolution line in the anniversary toys the whole time.
Ethe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Ethe wrote:
It's not really a spoiler when they've been teasing Tailmon's evolution line in the anniversary toys the whole time.

Yeah, 'cause everyone keeps up with the anniversary toys.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
*sees Holydramon instead of Ofanimon*

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hmph, well, I can deal with that. No big issue here.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
WHY are they using Holydramon instead of Ofanimon?!
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Ethe wrote:

1. That image was the static thumbnail of both of the official YouTube videos from Toei Animation and Mainichi Shimbun
2. ANN usually uses the thumbnails from embedded YouTube videos as our thumbnail on the home page for that article

That said, I've changed the thumbnail that appears on ANN's homepage, but I can't change what shows up as the thumbnail of the video embedded in the article itself.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I too would love a Tamers sequel, but only if Konaka came back.

They would have to recast Renamon, though. It's why she isn't going to be in the upcoming drama CD.
Ethe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:19 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
Ethe wrote:

1. That image was the static thumbnail of both of the official YouTube videos from Toei Animation and Mainichi Shimbun
2. ANN usually uses the thumbnails from embedded YouTube videos as our thumbnail on the home page for that article

That said, I've changed the thumbnail that appears on ANN's homepage, but I can't change what shows up as the thumbnail of the video embedded in the article itself.

Ah, that makes sense. I get the reasoning behind the thumbnail, and I apologise for my snarky post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2