• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Angolmois Historical TV Anime Reveals Main Cast, More Staff, July Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 am Reply with quote
Well, this looks pretty dope actually. Oh, boy, these last two weeks are being a dream come true for this jaded old fart. It's like we are suddenly back in 2003-4 when unique, bold series were announced left and right... I honestly can't remember so many promising series being announced in such a short period of time ... keep em' coming!
forexjammer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Well, this looks pretty dope actually. Oh, boy, these last two weeks are being a dream come true for this jaded old fart. It's like we are suddenly back in 2003-4 when unique, bold series were announced left and right... I honestly can't remember so many promising series being announced in such a short period of time ... keep em' coming!

I have to agree on that! it's rare to see samurai anime nowadays ( that new bassilisks doesn't count). Wasn't the Mongol invasion a failure though? Was it epic? That aside.

That is maybe the worst pick for a song on a PV i have ever seen. I hope to God the actual anime won't have dubstep or electro shit on it's fight scene.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 am Reply with quote
Okay, I'm already looking forward to its July debut.
Now, here's hoping... if only Kingdom would get a third season... Crying or Very sad
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:43 am Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
That is maybe the worst pick for a song on a PV i have ever seen. I hope to God the actual anime won't have dubstep or electro shit on it's fight scene.

Agreed. Was expecting some epic orchestral score, instead got generic club music.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
Let’s hope the series looks as good as that promo. I didn’t mind the music. The juxtaposition of the old and new worked for me.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote
How much of a real threat did the Mongols pose to an island nation?

Also, I'll be disappointed if I don't see at least one "Kahnnn!!!"

And after watching the PV, people really need to stop copying ufotable's "streaky slashy" afterimage fighting animation. They've added it to arrows... and eyes? Really?... and it's now become the lens flare of anime.

Overall, it doesn't look awful, merely terrible. It sounds awful though...
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Love, love, look at those textures. Surprised
SejinPK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
Love, love, look at those textures. Surprised

Right?! I love the naturalistic textures and coloring, especially in the nature shots at the beginning.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
This series looks like it'll be good. Despite the fact that the music choice was a little jarring, I enjoyed the song. I'll definitely be watching this.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit, I had to look up "Angolmois" for the historical reference, and see whether it meant something different from the first association that sprang to mind:

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Angol_Mois Shocked [/img]
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
The character models are sufficiently "cartoony" to make me wonder if this will be a serious story with plot and history behind it, or just lots of over-the-top scenes of people fighting with katana and burning buildings. Has anyone read the source material to know if this is a serious story or not?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 am Reply with quote
Is there a reasoning behind the series title of "Angolmois"?
MeisterMitch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
donhumberto wrote:

I have to agree on that! it's rare to see samurai anime nowadays ( that new bassilisks doesn't count). Wasn't the Mongol invasion a failure though? Was it epic? That aside.

To answer your question: Yes, The First Invasion of Japan in 1274 Did Fail, as did the Second in 1281.
MAN first Vinland Saga, and Now this one, looks like 2018/2019 there will be ALOT of Historical Manga.
What makes this series interesting is that this doesn't deal with the Standard Sengoku/Meiji Era
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1