• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi Anime Reveals Cast, Staff, Promo Video, October Premi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tootbrush

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Taku Iwasaki is composing the music.

Shocked
If I wasn't going to watch it before (honestly, I probably was), I definitely am now. Also getting the soundtrack.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:06 am Reply with quote
That’s a pretty cool looking key visual and the cast appears appealing. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:50 am Reply with quote
This piques my interest, I will definitely be checking this out come October.
Echii

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
A cute blond girt with a big sword. This can not be bad. She look like girl from Cross Ange
forexjammer

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 am Reply with quote
Reminder that this is the person that made Nobuna. He is great at making Harem right, I have a pretty nice expectation of this.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:

Any danger of this being snatched by Netflix? Do they even have any Shueisha shows?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
I would like to think that there's more to Japan's interest in Jeanne D'arc than the fact she's a historical teenage girl... a fascination with France, the religious angle, the politics of the Hundred Years war or even her tactical abilities... but somehow it always boils down to "girl + sword".
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
I would like to think that there's more to Japan's interest in Jeanne D'arc than the fact she's a historical teenage girl... a fascination with France, the religious angle, the politics of the Hundred Years war or even her tactical abilities... but somehow it always boils down to "girl + sword".

I like to think it's the fact that the real Jeanne D'Arc became a martyr something that resonates with a group of people who seem to like people who are willing to personally sacrifice themselves for a supposedly worthy cause.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I wish we had never burnt her, if we hadn't she wouldn't have ended up being as popular as she is. As Blackadder put it
Quote:
Was the man who burned Joan of Arc simply wasting good matches?
Could they not make an Anime about the man who burnt her instead, I bet he's got an interesting story to tell.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Chaos Wings wrote:

Any danger of this being snatched by Netflix? Do they even have any Shueisha shows?

Doubt it, it's a light novel adaptation. To my knowledge, Netflix titles are anime based on manga or with original screenplays.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I wish we had never burnt her, if we hadn't she wouldn't have ended up being as popular as she is. As Blackadder put it
Quote:
Was the man who burned Joan of Arc simply wasting good matches?
Could they not make an Anime about the man who burnt her instead, I bet he's got an interesting story to tell.

Geoffroy Thérage
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:18 am Reply with quote
With 5 vol. LN released so far, we might get a complete adaptation of what's been published so far. Even if another LN vol. is released between now and then, possibly covering 5 of 6 vol. is not bad.

Blanchimont, counting foreign language versions, Netflix does have some Shueisha-based anime series, like "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (TV)", "Shippuden", and "Bleach".
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 am Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
Quote:
Taku Iwasaki is composing the music.

Shocked
If I wasn't going to watch it before (honestly, I probably was), I definitely am now. Also getting the soundtrack.

Same reaction. That trailer already looked damned cool and seeing this just adds to the sweet hype.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:41 am Reply with quote
*Sigh*
I knew it was only a matter of time before they made a harem anime about Joan of Arc.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:11 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

It is a little early to tell just based on this promo (which has ALOT of still images), but I have to admit, you are probably right. Throw in some Nazi paraphernalia, the religious iconography, harem with long haired bishies, teenage protagonists, and you have anime soup. Although anime fans who attend Japan Expo Paris every year seem like a pretty dedicated bunch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1