• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Resident Evil 2 Remake's Trailer Reveals January Launch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Probably PS4, XBOX ONE, and PC.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:13 am Reply with quote
Really can't wait for this. I'm a huge fan of Resident Evil. Really preferred the over the shoulder view too, since I've started the franchise by playing Resident Evil 4 first. I was 14 while playing it for the first time, and am still having a blast with it whenever I got some free time.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The video shows the remake's new third-person perspective gameplay (changed from the fixed camera angles of the original game)
Shame I miss that style of gameplay
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Probably PS4, XBOX ONE, and PC.
If the pre-orders up on both Amazon and GameStop are any indication, then yes those are it.

My husband is MORE than hyped! Resident Evil is his most favorite game series and he's been waiting anxiously for any more news on the remake. He was practically squealing watching the trailer with me. My only issue is that I don't think I'll be able to watch him play as I was able to with a bunch of the RE games. RE 7 was hard for me to stomach watching, this looks even more gory than that right off the bat. But hey, as long as he's happy, that's all that matters. >w<
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Quote:
The video shows the remake's new third-person perspective gameplay (changed from the fixed camera angles of the original game)

I remember on Neogaf they basically said there will be an option for classic style so I think you'll get what you're wanting hopefully.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:03 pm Reply with quote
That clip looked amazing. RE2 was one of my favorites in the series by far. I felt it had one of the best storylines of the RE games. Plus you had to play it 4 times to get the full true story between Claire and Leon.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
This REmake2 looks more terrifying and scarier than RE7 and past games. Yet, this is already promising. Looking forward to see things from Claire's perspective.
megazero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Quote:

The original game's fixed camera angle perspective is part of its appeal.
This will be definitely a new experience by switching to 3rd person perspective.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1