• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host U.S. Premiere of Sirius the Jaeger Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote
From a practical standpoint, I think it would be pointless for AX to host the premiere if a licensor doesn't license it. Be it CR, Funi, Amazon Prime, or Sentai Filmworks, just don't let Netflix get it.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
From a practical standpoint, I think it would be pointless for AX to host the premiere if a licensor doesn't license it. Be it CR, Funi, Amazon Prime, or Sentai Filmworks, just don't let Netflix get it.

Don't jinx us, KyoAni did this last year with Violet Evergarden and look where that got us.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

Oh god I hope not. Because it does seem like the kind of show that Netflix just might grab. Sad
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:46 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I thought Amazon had stopped with the whole Anime thing after they shut down strike.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
I thought Amazon had stopped with the whole Anime thing after they shut down strike.

No, they still have a contract to stream all the shows that are broadcast during the Animeism and Noitamina programming blocks. They're streaming a few shows this season, such as Wotakoi and Magical Girl Site, and I'm pretty sure they have a few next season too.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:09 am Reply with quote
We can encourage them through social media to not let Netflix get it (to the best of their ability), but that might not work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1