• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, June 24-30 [2018-06-26]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alconnow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I want Sakura Quest on DVD...Shame I live in the UK where there’s little to no chance of a UK release.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm Reply with quote
The How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord manga is listed as a novel,
Zeroth Maria Volume 3 doesn't come out till July 3rd,
and For My Daughter Digital Novel Volume 6 comes out June 28.
Vannil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone get a notice that their copy of Hanamongatari was indefinite delay by Amazon? i got an email today that it was delayed indefinitely and the US page says shipping will take between 1-3 months? I had ordered it when it was announced and I wouldn't think there was that huge of a demand for this particular book.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Hanamongatari is part of a huge multimedia/anime franchise. The name changes every so often for the installments but it's all one franchise.

I don't know how many people are BUYING ALL the TV series sets but it's been going on for a while now!

I tend to stay clear of the long-running stuff that seems to be coming out to be collected for collecting's sake. Sure, it wouldn't be produced IF it weren't selling and making somebody money but it also tends to be a huge money drainer and I like variety. I'm not someone who's in the hobby just to collect one series. I like variety in entertainment, period, even if I do tend towards certain genres (comedies, science fiction/space opera, film noir). I tend to like the shorter-running shows and one-off movies better because the stories are more self-contained and you don't have the decompression syndrome that's plagued American comics for about 15 years now...

There are notable exceptions to my rule: Lupin III (pretty much like all of it except the first and third TV series) and about half the Gundam series.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote
@Vannil

Yesterday (Tuesday) Right Stuf! had Hanamongatari listed as "Out of stock expecting more" Today it was in stock. Amazon should be getting its stock and shipping shortly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1