• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Stupid Love Comedy GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Probably give it a shot for the art alone.
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote
Wow, this manga was a painful read. Can't remember the last time I read anything with such an annoying main character. She didn't learn anything during the story and just went right back to being a selfish nuisance even after the countless times people explained in clear terms how she was causing problems to everyone else. How this is supposed to be funny is a total mystery to me.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:31 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed this, finished reading it earlier today. I too didn't like that our MC didn't seem to learn their lesson, even after being told how their running late impacts on others' work.

Still, I did find the antics comedic enough.

Probably the thing that left a bad taste in my mouth, is Nanami's bonus story. Personally, I would've prefer that story to have been placed somewhere else within the omnibus, not towards the end.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
The art is what made me give this a shot, but as others have said, the MC is terrible.
asilenttree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
Yep--i tried my best but couldn't read past 20-30 pgs because of the MC Sad Super sad, given what should've been a great premise. I haven't read about someone this dim in a while in shojo--thought we were past these kinds of characters Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1