• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ONE OK ROCK

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Any fellow OORers here?

I'm really late to the party having just gotten into them at the very end of last year but boy am I hooked. In the last 7 months alone, bye-bye $1.5K. >__>;

I love the band's music and their lyrics really resonate. They've helped me get through tough times at work and still continue to do so. I'm sad I didn't get into them sooner since I would have loved to see them perform in smaller live houses instead of only the huge venues that they do now. (But those are cool too!)

I first saw them live at Tokyo Dome this year, and my second time was at Dead Pop Festival earlier this month. I'll see them again at ELLEGARDEN's Marine Stadium concert which I was going to go to anyway because I'm absolutely psyched for ELLEGARDEN's return, but the announcement of OOR as the guest act was icing on the cake and I'm ecstatic over the chance of seeing my two favorite bands together. I'm crossing my fingers for Shin-kiba tickets since that will probably be the only chance to see OOR in a live house for the foreseeable future. Their live performances are so energetic.

I also really admire all the members, especially Taka. I love how they just set their sights on something and then go do it without paying mind to any criticism they may get. I sincerely hope they'll make it big in the U.S. someday.

I've had trouble finding places online to discuss the band without having to deal with people posting or asking for links to downloads and other stuff, but hope there will be like-minded people here to chat about this awesome band.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
Do you remember that TAKA used to be an Member of an J-Pop boys group band called NEWS, haven't you know that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1