Forum - View topic
NEWS: Legendary Produces Hollywood Live-Action Film of My Hero Academia Manga


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
immblueversion



Joined: 02 May 2010
Posts: 391
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zoneflare



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 505
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm Reply with quote
MHA evolution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Engineering Nerd



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 855
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Dwayne Johnson as All Might, please!!!!! Just picture it, guys Cool

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 1012
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
When you are one of the most popular series in the world...it was always only a question of time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
luisedgarf



Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Posts: 542
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
When you are one of the most popular series in the world...it was always only a question of time.


Are you kidding me? Maybe the TV series and the manga are popular in Japan and the English-speaking world for obvious reasons, but I doubt MHA being popular elsewhere. As an example, here in Mexico MHA is basically considered as a cult manga, but not in the same level as Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon and even Naruto, and keep in mind Naruto failed big time to make an impression in both Mexico and Latin America.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 13091
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Some of the big questions to ask: Are they going to Whitewash it? How many years in development limbo will it be? Will it likely bomb?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 1601
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heishi



Joined: 06 Mar 2016
Posts: 1207
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
When you are one of the most popular series in the world...it was always only a question of time.


Are you kidding me? Maybe the TV series and the manga are popular in Japan and the English-speaking world for obvious reasons, but I doubt MHA being popular elsewhere. As an example, here in Mexico MHA is basically considered as a cult manga, but not in the same level as Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon and even Naruto, and keep in mind Naruto failed big time to make an impression in both Mexico and Latin America.


Is anime even still big in Mexico?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Somer-_-



Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 782
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Dwayne Johnson as All Might, please!!!!! Just picture it, guys Cool


He's overused these days but fudge it I'm on board.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morry



Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 755
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I want to say this is the perfect material to adapt to American audiences, but I said the same about Death Note and, you know...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bullza



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 95
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:40 pm Reply with quote
As long as it's not a Japanese movie then it has a chance of being good.

Otherwise it'll be like watching a two hour Power Rangers episode, a B movie that was made for pennies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Replica_Rabbit



Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 263
Location: Portland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Some of the big questions to ask: Are they going to Whitewash it? How many years in development limbo will it be? Will it likely bomb?

They could make it take place in American to avoid it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 1031
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Hasn’t this already been done? It was called Sky High.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 3399
Location: New York
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Hasn’t this already been done? It was called Sky High.


Yeah but that sucked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#alfrescoCR



Joined: 13 Jan 2017
Posts: 167
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:02 pm Reply with quote
It should work if they change the setting to an american setting and polished it into an evenly paced engaging story. I'm not a racist or whatsoever, hell i'm just a random short asian dude.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group