• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dua Lipa Performs New Song for Live-Action Hollywood Alita: Battle Angel Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:04 am Reply with quote
Chances are that it’ll be out this Friday! Love that Dua is doing it!!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:01 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:

Hate to rain on your parade, but the article states the movie has been delayed until Valentine's Day. First I have heard of it too. It was the movie I was going to see on Christmas. We must have missed the ANN article stating the movie has been delayed yet again.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
Sorta off topic, but still about the Alita movie.

What's up with that poster pictured in the article? The face is drastically different from what we've been seeing in all the previews. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't just try to make it look like that. ...Or did they change it? ...Did they? ...Considering the advertisement spread I saw at Best Buy recently I'm assuming not and probably shouldn't get my hopes up.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
Supposedly they toned down the eyes on Alita. But don't read to much into the poster or even trailers in some cases. Sometimes that material is done by third parties based on the original concepts that have changed since then. Even funnier is that sometimes material in the trailers, never even show up in the movie.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Gave it a listen, prefer Cyborg Mermaid. Will have to see how Dua Lipa's music fits the movie.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:32 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:

Hate to rain on your parade, but the article states the movie has been delayed until Valentine's Day. First I have heard of it too. It was the movie I was going to see on Christmas. We must have missed the ANN article stating the movie has been delayed yet again.

Oh no, I was referring to the single being released Friday. Usually songs from soundtracks that are talked about in media are released the Friday immediately after.
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Supposedly they toned down the eyes on Alita.

Actually the only change they did was INCREASE the iris & pupil size. So in a way the eyes are bigger. Turns out large iris on large eye ball is better.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Supposedly they toned down the eyes on Alita.

Actually the only change they did was INCREASE the iris & pupil size. So in a way the eyes are bigger. Turns out large iris on large eye ball is better.
The same was done to Avatar before release, too.

If this movie had been made thirty years ago and used non-CGI practical effects for Alita (like actually having her played by an animatronic doll), people would still have been discussing her eyes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1