• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Return of Persona 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Aw, poor Klonoa. My daughter, who’s only recently gotten into games here and there, absolutely loves Klonoa. She beat Klonoa 2 on the PS2 and then we went back and bought Klonoa 1 from the PS store for the PS3. And she bought both soundtracks from iTunes. So yeah, it’s a tiny little fanbase that really loves these characters and this style of gameplay, and they seem to get let down time and time again.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Joker is certainly going to be busy, what with being an upcoming Smash fighter and his original game getting an enhanced port. I haven't yet played Persona 5, so I guess this is incentive enough to dig into it once said port arrives.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:41 am Reply with quote
I'd totally forgotten there was a Klonoa movie/anime project, so I guess that saves me the trouble of being hopeful.

I kinda feel like maybe if they put out a new one on the Switch, maybe now would be the time it finally hits, but...I guess the Klonoa Kurse would kick in and the system would become irrelevant first, huh?
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see that Klonoa anime film got cancelled, i remember playing Klonoa volleyball game back in the day. Sad

As for the Sakurai appearing with Morgana on it, i hope it would be the fact that Sakurai wants to add Jokey into the Super Smash Bros game, i am hoping Sakurai will add him in the game for sure. Very Happy
Sango chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but unless there is solid proof that this is a Persona 5 "enhanced port" game. I 99% doubt it. The game JUST came out last April.

The FES version of Persona 3 came out Three years after the original game on the same system. Persona 4 Golden came out 4 years after the original.

There's more of a chance that this is a Persona 5 fighter like P4 Arena or another kind of spin off since right now they seem more likely focused on the Spin off's.

even though right now I rather that they announce That PQ2 is coming to the US. I want that game so bad.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
As for the Sakurai appearing with Morgana on it, i hope it would be the fact that Sakurai wants to add Jokey into the Super Smash Bros game, i am hoping Sakurai will add him in the game for sure. Very Happy

Eh? Joker is already confirmed to be coming to Smash and a trailer was revealed at teh Game Awards.

I'm guessing Nintendo is looking for other characters not necessarily limited to Nintendo only, but a 'celebration' of icons.

If I had to guess, we could even see characters like Monokuma from the DanganRonpa series, even though there hasn't been a game form that franchise on Nintendo platforms to my knowledge.

Also, ditto, that we don't know what P5R is. Someplace suggested that there are multiple projects for P5 in the works. We've had the dancing game. We could assume a fighting game is coming. Of course there's PQ2... DLC for the main game is possible as well. But who knows? There could be many ways to spin off from that. Though an enhanced port is a safe bet. There was probably plenty of material on the cutting room floor to re-purpose into additional content. Throw in all the already available DLC. Let the cat allow you out a bit more (though it's obvious they put that restriction in to prevent potentially breaking story moments), and overall you could make a suitable downloadable DLC upgrade to the game on PS3/PS4.
DRWii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Sango chan wrote:
I'm sorry, but unless there is solid proof that this is a Persona 5 "enhanced port" game. I 99% doubt it. The game JUST came out last April.

The FES version of Persona 3 came out Three years after the original game on the same system.

Persona 3: July 13, 2006 (JP)/August 14, 2007 (US)
Persona 3 FES: April 19, 2007 (JP)/April 22, 2008 (US)

P5 also came out in Japan in 2016, meaning P5R would be releasing three years later. While it isn't guaranteed to be an enhanced re-release, it's not a ridiculous theory.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:58 am Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

Eh? Joker is already confirmed to be coming to Smash and a trailer was revealed at teh Game Awards.

I'm guessing Nintendo is looking for other characters not necessarily limited to Nintendo only, but a 'celebration' of icons.

If I had to guess, we could even see characters like Monokuma from the DanganRonpa series, even though there hasn't been a game form that franchise on Nintendo platforms to my knowledge.

Also, ditto, that we don't know what P5R is. Someplace suggested that there are multiple projects for P5 in the works. We've had the dancing game. We could assume a fighting game is coming. Of course there's PQ2... DLC for the main game is possible as well. But who knows? There could be many ways to spin off from that. Though an enhanced port is a safe bet. There was probably plenty of material on the cutting room floor to re-purpose into additional content. Throw in all the already available DLC. Let the cat allow you out a bit more (though it's obvious they put that restriction in to prevent potentially breaking story moments), and overall you could make a suitable downloadable DLC upgrade to the game on PS3/PS4.

I also might think they will also include Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series too as well, even though the game hasn't recevied an Switch port yet, i am still hoping for him to be on the Smash as well since he is the most wanted on the list.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:

I also might think they will also include Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series too as well, even though the game hasn't recevied an Switch port yet, i am still hoping for him to be on the Smash as well since he is the most wanted on the list.

Considering how weirdly stingy Square was with FFVII representation (only two music tracks and no FF spirits) I actually can't see any characters from SE titles being a DLC character
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1