• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Vampire Knight Memories GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 pm Reply with quote
So, I guess I'm the first and so far, only one to comment on this. While I was initially a big fan of VK, I wasn't too pleased with the direction it ended up going in. (Even though my ship won!) My main problem is Yuuki, she had so much potential as a character in the beginning but it was wasted. Plus, I pretty much know everything that happens and it look like this series just fills in the blanks.

But I might give it try. Hopefully, I'll get to see Yuuki and Zero marry and have a baby. FINALLY!
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:25 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
While I was initially a big fan of VK, I wasn't too pleased with the direction it ended up going in. (Even though my ship won!) My main problem is Yuuki, she had so much potential as a character in the beginning but it was wasted.

Same. It's strange re-reading the series because Yuki started out such a strong character that grew less and less compelling as the story went along. Even though she didn't end up with Kaname, I sort of feel like he ultimately won in the end given what Yuki sacrifices for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:32 pm Reply with quote
^ My thoughts, exactly!
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:05 am Reply with quote
Yori's story absolutely broke my heart. I mean I understand her reasoning to remain a human, but a part of me (a huge part actually) wishes she had let herself be changed. spoiler[ Because her best friend, her husband, and their kids all had to mourn her death. Yuki was especially devastated by her death. ] It's just all so sad.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 pm Reply with quote
whoa, vampire night I think it's been a little less than a decade since I last read this.
I remember ragequitting around the time skip(first one? idk if there were any others) cause the relationship's were all kinda f###ed up and creepy.

yeah... its been a while considering I recently finished reading pupa and thought THAT was beautiful...and creepy ... and horrifying and I think I'm gonna have nightmares for a while.

That said whats the overall feel of the series?
Of course, everyone's opinions will vary but I think it's been long enough for me to give it a second chance
Now if only loveless will get out of its publishing hell or whatever's going on with it
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:22 am Reply with quote
The overall feel? Well, it starts out strong, slows down considerably in the middle, and almost fizzles out. The ending, however, was somewhat surprising. I was starting to think for sure the female MC was going to end with the guy I didn't like, but in the end, my ship won. But it didn't seem like much of a victory since she obviously still wanted the other guy. So it's good, but not as good as it could have been. It's better than Twilight but not much better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:38 am Reply with quote
I have jst finished reading the manga and the VP memories. And patiently just waiting for the next volume to come out. It's the type of story that reallyfrustrates and prevents me from sleeping at night because i jst want to know whats going to be the end of this story. I do habe a feeling that it will have a good ending. Hino might have given us a hint of Kaname
's life in the end as a human when Yuki dreamt of Kaname holding a baby while sitting in a chair all happy. That baby might be a reincarnation of Yuki? Hmm.. Maybe. But i still really wish that yuki and Kaname cud be together as humans. I know some prefer Zero. But like Yuki. Im still confuse who i ship. Personally Hanabusa is my type. Haha
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1