Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Anime's 1st Animated Promo Unveils Main Cast, Additional Staff


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DarthSomebody



Joined: 07 Aug 2017
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:01 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited for this adaptation. Besides one or two CGI scenes, everything looked spectacular.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TichoSlicer



Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime will air on television and stream exclusively on Amazon Prime both in Japan and overseas next year.


The trailer says 2019, tho...

Well, the animation seems good, but i'm still afraid of the CGI... ;x
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Changeman



Joined: 06 Jun 2018
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
A spectacular 2D of these and people only notice the 2 seconds of CG, huh?

No wonder they say only bad things get attention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marzan



Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 am Reply with quote
I'm stoked, CGI or not. I still cannot believe this manga I started reading eons ago got an adaptation. I'm only missing Ubel Blatt for my manga adaptation life to be complete (Dorohedoro getting one too!).

About the only negative is that its on Prime. Making Mr, Bezos even richer rubs me the wrong way,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
donhumberto



Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 386
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:14 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, this looks freaking spectacular. Can't wait for an airing date. Also, great to have Yutoka Yamada on board. I love his ost for Tokyo Ghoul so I'm sure he'll do a great job
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Changeman



Joined: 06 Jun 2018
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:29 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
I'm stoked, CGI or not. I still cannot believe this manga I started reading eons ago got an adaptation. I'm only missing Ubel Blatt for my manga adaptation life to be complete (Dorohedoro getting one too!).

About the only negative is that its on Prime. Making Mr, Bezos even richer rubs me the wrong way,


Both amazon and crunchyroll have problems, but at least I've never heard of amazon having a "censored" or modified version compared to what was shown on Japanese TV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alconnow_



Joined: 15 Jan 2019
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Looks great. I need to start the manga at some point.

Last edited by alconnow_ on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marzan



Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am Reply with quote
Changeman wrote:
Marzan wrote:
I'm stoked, CGI or not. I still cannot believe this manga I started reading eons ago got an adaptation. I'm only missing Ubel Blatt for my manga adaptation life to be complete (Dorohedoro getting one too!).

About the only negative is that its on Prime. Making Mr, Bezos even richer rubs me the wrong way,


Both amazon and crunchyroll have problems, but at least I've never heard of amazon having a "censored" or modified version compared to what was shown on Japanese TV.


Oh, I do not doubt that. It's more the fact of having to pay for another streaming service just to watch this. One that belongs to the richest man in the world as it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Changeman



Joined: 06 Jun 2018
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Changeman wrote:
Marzan wrote:
I'm stoked, CGI or not. I still cannot believe this manga I started reading eons ago got an adaptation. I'm only missing Ubel Blatt for my manga adaptation life to be complete (Dorohedoro getting one too!).

About the only negative is that its on Prime. Making Mr, Bezos even richer rubs me the wrong way,


Both amazon and crunchyroll have problems, but at least I've never heard of amazon having a "censored" or modified version compared to what was shown on Japanese TV.


Oh, I do not doubt that. It's more the fact of having to pay for another streaming service just to watch this. One that belongs to the richest man in the world as it is.


But at least it seems worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HeWhoSlapsAll



Joined: 21 Dec 2015
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 am Reply with quote
Hmm, it looks good for the most part. I'll wait for another PV to get a better grasp.

However two things either irk or confuse me:

Irk: the CG clashes with the beautifully animated 2D segments.

Confused: I would think this anime would be animating the Prologue Arc, but they showed Sigurd twice, unless that's his dad in a flashback. Either way, they're not relevant until after the Ketil Farm arc. Why are they shown? I just hope it isn't rushed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthSomebody



Joined: 07 Aug 2017
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 am Reply with quote
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:
Confused: I would think this anime would be animating the Prologue Arc, but they showed Sigurd twice, unless that's his dad in a flashback. Either way, they're not relevant until after the Ketil Farm arc. Why are they shown? I just hope it isn't rushed.

It's spoiler[Halfdan. He already appears in chapter 3.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deviljho0001



Joined: 01 Feb 2019
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 am Reply with quote
dissapointed to see the generic soldiers CGs, guess that's normal these days
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Merida
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 1773
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, this looks fantastic some people seriously need to get over their CGI-phobia...! My excitement for this adaption has reached new heights now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3213
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
I'm with the rest of you, the animation looks nice, but the CG scenes are off pointing.
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:
Confused: I would think this anime would be animating the Prologue Arc, but they showed Sigurd twice, unless that's his dad in a flashback. Either way, they're not relevant until after the Ketil Farm arc. Why are they shown? I just hope it isn't rushed.
Is the prologue arc ideal for a 2 cour show?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
DarthSomebody



Joined: 07 Aug 2017
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Is the prologue arc ideal for a 2 cour show?

Yes, 2 cour would be perfect for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group