• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket English Dub Casts Colleen Clinkenbeard as Akito

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Colleen as an antagonist? Sign me up.
Demonskid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like an interesting choice. With each new announcement they make, I get more and more hyped to see the show.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Rather surprising, I would've expected someone more along the lines of Brina Palencia, since she's able to do a more gender-neutral voice. I figured that would be important since I distinctly remember Akito's true gender not officially revealed until midway through the manga. Even so, Colleen's still a good actress so I'm still open to the casting choices made as I anticipate the series with everybody else.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I've always wanted the VA of Erza to do a series with that one VA who does the voice of Elma from Xenoblade X.
Both characters would have interesting conversations together.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I've always wanted the VA of Erza to do a series with that one VA who does the voice of Elma from Xenoblade X.

Check out episode 9 of Zombieland Saga.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Rather surprising, I would've expected someone more along the lines of Brina Palencia, since she's able to do a more gender-neutral voice.

To be fair (since Brina was on my short list too), she just had a baby, so she might be cutting back a little on new roles for a bit. I actually had Colleen picked as spoiler[Ren, funny enough, even though that character won't appear until much later in the story.] I am super excited to hear her take on the character though. Honestly, all the twitter announcements have just been hyping me up more for premiere in general - already bought my ticket for the theatrical showing!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Demonskid wrote:
Sounds like an interesting choice. With each new announcement they make, I get more and more hyped to see the show.

Well said! I am fully on board with this; Colleen did such an excellent job as Hawkeye in Fullmetal, I am tremendously for her to take on Akito.

God, this is my most anticipated anime in a long time.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:16 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:

I mean, there's Fullmetal Alchemist. Colleen Clinkenbeard plays Erza and Hawkeye, and Caitlin Glass plays Elma and Winry.
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:57 am Reply with quote
Yep, the JP ver is definitely considered to be lame by comparison, since the dub features voices that we are familiar with. Looking forward to the dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1