• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuko Sanpei, Yūma Uchida Win 13th Annual Seiyū Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 am Reply with quote
Everyone watching the GBF 5th Ani stream right now know about the Nao bit
She couldn't attend the stream cause of the awards lol
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:21 am Reply with quote
I'm so out of the loop with anime, I don't even know what Uchida's done... but I looked it up, he was in Pancreas, and he played Ash so there you go. ahhh I just know him from StarMyu <3

Shugo Nakamura, aaaaaaa <3 Issei ~~ Aaaa he deserves it <3 (btw check this song that he sings with Shunsuke Takeuchi)

HypMic... wow, they're really making a big impact.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:03 am Reply with quote
I would give Toru Furuya all the awards of this world.
AP24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 am Reply with quote
I think Yuuma Uchida won for his role in Ryuuou no Oshigoto
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
Yuuma definitely deserves his win. His acting range is so varied and the roles that he’s performed in, especially within the last year, have been fantastic.

Also super happy for Shugon! And I haven’t really dived too much into the hypmic franchise yet, but I’m glad to see it won as well. There are a lot of talented people involved and they deserve to be recognized for all their hard work.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:17 am Reply with quote
I get how Uchida won an award, but Sanpei? For what? For her Boruto? For her Tsubasa? For her Taka? I seriously don't get it.

Congrats to the other winners.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:46 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Sanpei? For what? For her Boruto? For her Tsubasa? For her Taka? I seriously don't get it.

Congrats to the other winners.
Last time I heard Sanpei was, I think, as Boruto in that movie with Momoshiki, and Kinshiki, and she sounded very good, and her acting was good.

I'm not sure I heard her in anything else in last few years, but then again, I rarely watch new anime, although, to be honest, compared to the most of seiyu who got popular post 2010, Sanpei is few levels above, IMO.

Her voice is easily recognizable, and unique, and her acting is filled with passion.

That being said, while happy for her, I'm still surprised she got the prize, and not some younger voice actress, since that is how usually, unfortunately goes in this stuff.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I knew Yuma Uchida was going to win some type of award for last year! He was nothing short of magnificent as Ash in Banana Fish. I would have to say this was his career defining performance. That human toilet scene still gives me chills.
I have a feeling he's only going to get bigger from this point onward, considering the fact that he's voicing Kyo in the new Fruits Basket (I'll most likely watch it in English, but I have no doubt Uchida will turn in another stellar performance).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1