• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria Novel 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit I'm basically anime-only, but the Sword Oratoria anime and then the mobile game Memoria Freese practically bent over backwards to sell me on Bete and Aiz as a viable pairing (and failing that Bete/Tiona). I suppose I'll have to actually read the novels to see how well Lena works in the end, but I really didn't see Bete as needing a manic pixie dream girl as the solution to his problems, or to take him out of his last-place position in the run for Aiz.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I read this and was pretty happy spoiler[they didn't kill her off in the end, though the author admitted he want too, but was pressured against it in the afterword]

I know in the main story i want a bell/aiz pairing , so this suited me just fine >.>
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:40 pm Reply with quote
And here was me thinking you had forgotten about this but what about vol 13? Will you wait till vol 14 to let the arc finish or skip this one too?
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:15 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
And here was me thinking you had forgotten about this but what about vol 13? Will you wait till vol 14 to let the arc finish or skip this one too?

I'm undecided on this. There are things in vol. 13 worth talking about individually, but reviewing 13 and 14 together would definitely make sense. It'll probably come down to how much other stuff I do or don't have to review over the the course of the rest of the month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:44 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
GhostD wrote:

I'm undecided on this. There are things in vol. 13 worth talking about individually, but reviewing 13 and 14 together would definitely make sense. It'll probably come down to how much other stuff I do or don't have to review over the the course of the rest of the month.

I see. Its true that reviewing 13 and 14 together makes more sense that way you get to go through the entire arc with no cliffhangers. Assuming the release date doesnt change vol 14 will be out this coming August so you got a good 4 months if you decide to wait it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1