• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushishi, The Reflection Director Hiroshi Nagahama: 'My Next Project Will Air in N. America Fi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coldcherrii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 pm Reply with quote
So maybe Crunchyroll approached them, or Funimation, etc. And it might air on Toonami first? Or it can just air on Hulu/Netflix.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I get why he'd want to continue something he worked with STAN LEE on, but "The Reflection" was just awful in almost every way.
Blueno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:41 am Reply with quote
Can we get a Mushishi dub already... I really don't want to deal with subs with such a relaxing anime as this one... Deters the experience for those who love the dub.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:34 am Reply with quote
Blueno wrote:
Can we get a Mushishi dub already... I really don't want to deal with subs with such a relaxing anime as this one... Deters the experience for those who love the dub.

I'm pretty sure it already has a dub. At least on the funimation app it does
donhumberto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:49 am Reply with quote
^^^I'm pretty sure he's referring to season 2, which doesn't have a dub. I'd also love to see a dubbed version...
Also, as someone who actually loved the Reflection I'd love to see more of it
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:54 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I get why he'd want to continue something he worked with STAN LEE on, but "The Reflection" was just awful in almost every way.
Totally agree, the guy should be wise to pick any of the other projects he was involved with to champion more of. Personally I think Flowers of Evil would better, at least I'd like to see more...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Blueno wrote:
That would be great, Aniplex owns the license to season 2, so maybe if enough people pester them they will release it. And because it is episodic, with new characters appearing in every new episode, you really only need to bring back Travis Willingham.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I for one, countering the wave of general opinion, would like to see more of The Reflection. Wave Two, maybe?

With that said, I'm curious about his next project. And also, I would like to see a second season of The Flowers of Evil. Also, he'd also be perfect for adapting another manga from the same mangala as The Flowers of Evil: Inside Mari.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see a second season of The Reflection just to find out what the point of that show was. It really needed a better writer than Yasuyuki Suzuki, but I'd say its biggest problem was the art style, which tried to emulate the simple look of classic super-hero comics but just made the characters look lazily drawn.
D-Rock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:08 am Reply with quote
The problems of the second season being dubbed are that Stan Lee is dead, and Vic Mignona's career is pretty much shot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1