• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Returns to Cartoon Network Daily

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Just want to bring this to your attention.

Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! DX Returns to Cartoon Network Daily
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX season 2 episodes will air weekdays at 4:30 p.m. on Cartoon Network's Miguzi starting Tuesday.

The headline says DX, while the article itself says GX, which is the correct name for the series, not DX. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ryusaki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Yu-Gi-Oh! DMX! Laughing

And btw
Naruto started weekdays at 5:30pm on Wednesday. Lucky, most Toonami fans think it might be the end of Miguzi, but all the bumps during Naruto, are just "Naruto" themed.
Faceman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! DMX! Laughing

Man, I wasn't the only one who thought of that. The parody is better than the actual series.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Just want to bring this to your attention.

Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! DX Returns to Cartoon Network Daily
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX season 2 episodes will air weekdays at 4:30 p.m. on Cartoon Network's Miguzi starting Tuesday.

The headline says DX, while the article itself says GX, which is the correct name for the series, not DX. Laughing

Lol, wow, sorry about that.
Kouji

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Faceman wrote:

Man, I wasn't the only one who thought of that. The parody is better than the actual series.
Why would anyone want to watch a cartoon about rap artists playing card games? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Faceman wrote:

Why would anyone want to watch a cartoon about rap artists playing card games? Very Happy

*Tries his best at rapping* Yo yo yo it's time to duel fool!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
oh great the crap dub is back Mad . sure wish 4kids could drop YGO/GX like they did with One Piece, or better yet sell it to a different company that will do a better job like they did with pokemon! people be sure not to watch it, that way they think no one likes it, and they do as said above Exclamation
Faceman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:
oh great the crap dub is back Mad . sure wish 4kids could drop YGO/GX like they did with One Piece, or better yet sell it to a different company that will do a better job like they did with pokemon! people be sure not to watch it, that way they think no one likes it, and they do as said above Exclamation

Doesn't 4Kids still have the One Piece license? Just because they stopped making new ones doesn't mean they don't still own the rights to. Unless they sold them to someone and I missed the news.
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote
they dropped it, and the still own it, but since it was dropped it's now up for grabs to whoever wants it next.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Man, CN changes/tweaks its Miguzi lineup at least every three weeks now, it seems...
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
"Yu-Gi-Oh! D-Generation-X!"
DX RULZ!

p.s lol
that was funnny!

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
duo05001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
Man i reallllly realllllly hate miguzi. I miss the good old days when toonami was on every weekday and life was good. I mean come one Ben 10 seriously I wouldn't let a person in a coma watch that how awful. and 4kids F**K that man i haven't seen FOX Kids tv in since like i started not waking up saturday mornings because i was to hung over. Man I remeber the days when good cartoons were on fox X-Men and Spiderman, and Batman and Superman on the WB. I saw the new batman once and man it SUCKED!!!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Why would anyone want to watch a cartoon about rap artists playing card games?

Hey, we could use a change of pace every once in a while Laughing

uncutpokemon wrote:

In the case of this show, the franchise has been around a lot longer than OP, and the card game has garnered enough money for it that they can keep going even if some people thinks that the dub is crap. As long as they have ratings, which I'm sure they do (And they're not looking for those ratings among high schoolers and college students, I can tell you that right now), they can keep going. OP wasn't heard of much before coming over, and it wasn't well recieved anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1