• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy gone TV Anime's 2nd Half to Premiere in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:27 am Reply with quote
Huh. I guess it’s for the best it doesn’t directly compete against the similar seeming “to the abandoned Sacred Beasts” (provided that one is only one cours). I’m not terribly disappointed that this is a split cours though.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if people are going to even still care about Fairy Gone then especially if they're hoping that the second cour will be when they hook the audience. I feel like this is one show where it might of actually benefited it if they had this be a Netflix anime that gets dropped all at once at the end of the year. I'm still surprised Netflix didn't get it since it seemed like a show tailor made for them. And the fall season is normally when we get a ton of huge shows that I can't imagine Fairy Gone being able to keep up with the fall season.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I wonder if people are going to even still care about Fairy Gone then especially if they're hoping that the second cour will be when they hook the audience. I feel like this is one show where it might of actually benefited it if they had this be a Netflix anime that gets dropped all at once at the end of the year. I'm still surprised Netflix didn't get it since it seemed like a show tailor made for them. And the fall season is normally when we get a ton of huge shows that I can't imagine Fairy Gone being able to keep up with the fall season.

I suspect most still watching it now will watch it when it comes back (unless it goes off the rails) but I don’t know that it will make the daily review cut the second time around. While I do agree having it drop all at once would probably be beneficial, Netflix generally splits up two cours shows - such as Baki recently - so it wouldn’t have been all that different if Netflix had grabbed it, aside from being released a few months later.
Vizo

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness! Don't get me wrong. I like Fairy gone but not to the point where I wanted two cours together. I'm happy for the break. Hopefully, this fall season won't be too busy.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:51 am Reply with quote
I was honestly wanting it to be 24 weekly episodes vs. getting a break. On the other hand, seeing as Caitlin Glass is directing both the simuldub of this and the new Furuba anime, that break might be convenient to help lessen the stress.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1