• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Staff Announce Nanoha 15th Anniversary Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping for an anime announcement. I would love more vivid stuff but a story focusing on Nanofate sounds good too. They really should do multiple seasons...
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Boy, I wonder what they're gonna to do with this franchise at this point.

- More pointless filler.
- 100 more characters.
- A continuation of Final Fantasy eig-erm, Nanoha Force, my bad.
- A movie version of StrikerS condensed into three parts.
- A Nanoha themed isekai OVA.
- A Nanoha game for your smartphone.
- A spinoff series starring lesser important characters.

- The next chapter of the series that actually confirms the so called "NanoFate" canon.(spoiler[Which is hilarious because that will never actually happen].) Laughing
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
- The next chapter of the series that actually confirms the so called "NanoFate" canon.(spoiler[Which is hilarious because that will never actually happen].) Laughing
Could you explain how it's not already canon? Do straight friends generally live in the same home, sleep in the same bed, and raise a child together?
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Heishi wrote:
Could you explain how it's not already canon? Do straight friends generally live in the same home, sleep in the same bed, and raise a child together?

Because Nanoha refers to Fate as "best friend." They never kissed. They never confess their love to each other. I would love to see some compelling evidence, instead of just "I call them both my 'mama'".

I dunno, ask Spongebob and Patrick.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:32 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Because Nanoha refers to Fate as "best friend." They never kissed. They never confess their love to each other. I would love to see some compelling evidence, instead of just "I call them both my 'mama'".

If living/sleeping together and raising a child isn't compelling enough for you then that's some serious denial. Kissing/confession is such small potatoes in comparison that's like high school crush level when their already at marriage. Would you even question it if was a male/female?
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:48 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Heishi wrote:

If living/sleeping together and raising a child isn't compelling enough for you then that's some serious denial. Kissing/confession is such small potatoes in comparison that's like high school crush level when their already at marriage. Would you even question it if was a male/female?

I would if it was male/female, male/male, and yes, female/female.
I'm not denying anything, I'm just trying to be realistic. I want clear, substantial evidence. Living and sharing a bed together is not credible evidence.
Marriage? I don't remember a scene like that. I do recall a scene in which Nanoha refers to Fate as her best friend in StrikerS.
I also remember there being a Squall Leonhart rip off taking over the series, post ViVid.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:39 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I'm not denying anything, I'm just trying to be realistic. I want clear, substantial evidence. Living and sharing a bed together is not credible evidence.
Marriage? I don't remember a scene like that. I do recall a scene in which Nanoha refers to Fate as her best friend in StrikerS.
I also remember there being a Squall Leonhart rip off taking over the series, post ViVid.
We seem to have different definitions for realistic as I've never heard of two people sharing a home/bed/child and not being in a romantic relationship. Oh well we're both dead set on our point of views so further discussion is pointless.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:47 am Reply with quote
Well, if they do announce some new project or other I hope it's something in between the A's and StrikerS part of the timeline. Everything from Vivid onward doesn't really appeal to me in the same way.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:23 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Heishi wrote:
We seem to have different definitions for realistic as I've never heard of two people sharing a home/bed/child and not being in a romantic relationship. Oh well we're both dead set on our point of views so further discussion is pointless.

Which is why I agree with Heishi, it has been years and we are still having this debate. Frankly, I would rather that Severn Arcs commit to this relationship that they have been hinting at for years than continue this tease that has run its course years ago.
Ringking wrote:
Well, if they do announce some new project or other I hope it's something in between the A's and StrikerS part of the timeline. Everything from Vivid onward doesn't really appeal to me in the same way.

Reflections and Detonation are this, but I find the narrative a little lacking.
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Which is why I agree with Heishi, it has been years and we are still having this debate. Frankly, I would rather that Severn Arcs commit to this relationship that they have been hinting at for years than continue this tease that has run its course years ago.

Well, I ought to be glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I thought I was the only person who didn't buy this notion that they are a legitimate canon couple.
Or at least one of the very few people out there.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:

Well, I ought to be glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I thought I was the only person who didn't buy this notion that they are a legitimate canon couple.

Oh, that is were you and I disagree... They have been hinting at something that they have pretty much made obvious from the start and progressively thinned that line to the point where they are fooling no-one.
They are a couple, it's obvious by the end of StrikerS but they keep not acknowledging the relationship which is the problem I have with the whole thing. Not that it isn't self evident, but that would cut the 'debate' over "are they or aren't they a couple". I am not looking for them to kiss or anything (it would be nice, but it's not needed), all I want is for Nanoha (or Fate or both) to introduce the other (on-screen might I add) as something else than "my best friend" that at least implies some intimacy. "This is my partner/girl friend." That is all I want and Seven Arcs & Masaki Tsuzuki keeps dodging it. It's annoying.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 am Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:
Heishi wrote:

Oh, that is were you and I disagree... They have been hinting at something that they have pretty much made obvious from the start and progressively thinned that line to the point where they are fooling no-one.
They are a couple, it's obvious by the end of StrikerS but they keep not acknowledging the relationship which is the problem I have with the whole thing. Not that it isn't self evident, but that would cut the 'debate' over "are they or aren't they a couple". I am not looking for them to kiss or anything (it would be nice, but it's not needed), all I want is for Nanoha (or Fate or both) to introduce the other (on-screen might I add) as something else than "my best friend" that at least implies some intimacy. "This is my partner/girl friend." That is all I want and Seven Arcs & Masaki Tsuzuki keeps dodging it. It's annoying.

Well sh*t.
Well, unless they flat out admit it and kiss, I have no reason to believe they are a couple, nor should I be hopeful for it to be revealed.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Besides maybe Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, do straight couples in magical girl shows even kiss that much? Even in Cardcaptor Sakura, Sakura and Syaoran never kissed once despite being clearly a couple.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Besides maybe Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, do straight couples in magical girl shows even kiss that much? Even in Cardcaptor Sakura, Sakura and Syaoran never kissed once despite being clearly a couple.

It's not really a thing, and time might have a lot to do with that. Sailor Moon is quite old so the values on relationships (in Japan) are a little different than now.
In Cardcaptor Sakura at least, Sakura and Syaoran manage come to a conclusion about whom they are with and what they person means to them. As bashful as they are about it, Sakura and Syaoran are indeed a couple prior to the start of clear card and everything else that they do since acknowledging that fact.

Or take Senki Zesshou Symphogear (which, funny, happens to have Nana Mizuki among the cast). Hibiki Tachibana and Miku Kohinata have this rather big thing about each other. They sleep in the same bed (a bunk bed, they share the top bunk), they talk like an old married couple, there is a 'break up' episode in the first season. spoiler[Miku in the second season make it rather clear that this is more than a thing on her part with the power of Shenshou Jing, she has an intense set of emotions when Hibiki is the subject. Which verge on both a love and lust for Hibiki.]. Come the end of GX (the third season), Hibiki has an epiphany... Miku is very important to her. Since the show has slowly eased Hibiki into acknowledging the want of a deeper relationship, and the teasing has pretty much ended but with all of that, they only really hug each other. Alot, mind you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1