• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Midnight Pulp Streaming Service Adds Devil Lady, Space Adventure Cobra Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 am Reply with quote
Here's people's chance to check out Devil Lady! By no means is it a happy story, but it's still refreshingly less bleak compared to Devilman Crybaby. It's still very much a classic in its own right, and should appeal to fans of Yuri/Horror. Still hoping the blu-ray reaches stateside here!
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:17 am Reply with quote
Devilman Lady anime is really something else.
One of my favorite 90s titles.

Btw, in episode 3, at around 12:38 min, Kazumi Takiura, who is voiced by Kazusa Murai, had the best scream I have ever heard in any anime.

I won't direct link it, but I urge everyone to take a minute, or two to find it, and hear it, it is insane how good Murai performed.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Devil Lady? Cool! Have to admit, I watched this show before I really understood the nature of Go Nagai's work--nasty

And I'm happy to see Key the Metal Idol getting some love after so many years!
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:30 pm Reply with quote
So I checked out their website but they only seem to have the Cobra movie and not the TV series Sad
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Shar Aznabull wrote:
So I checked out their website but they only seem to have the Cobra movie and not the TV series Sad

Thanks very much for pointing that out. I've corrected the article.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:34 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping Discotek gets Devil Lady along with all materials that can make the release acceptable because Japan's recent Blu-ray release was pretty crappy and would not fly here if brought over the same way.

Details:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16253129
https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/forum/anime-manga-discussions/jp-asian-blu-ray-dvd-and-streaming-industry-news/718670-devilman-lady?p=727322#post727322

Thankfully with it being TMS, there's a chance we could get something better than Japan (see Magic Knight Rayearth's Blu-ray release) so again, here's hoping.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:42 am Reply with quote
I had finished the Cobra TV show awhile ago when it was up on Crunchyroll and I enjoyed it as a fun sci-fi action anime. I need to check out the movie.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Here's people's chance to check out Devil Lady! By no means is it a happy story, but it's still refreshingly less bleak compared to Devilman Crybaby. It's still very much a classic in its own right, and should appeal to fans of Yuri/Horror. Still hoping the blu-ray reaches stateside here!

Less "bleak"? As I recall, both titles have a rather tragic end for their protagonists. Although, in perspective, DL has a more optimistic future, yep. Another thing, I feel a little sad when people call Devilman exclusively as “Devilman Crybaby”, as if Crybaby is the only adaptation or version of this title at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1