• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season to Premiere in Fall 2020

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marzan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am Reply with quote
Excellent, if unexpected news. It must be a two cour, right? I mean even if the manga ends soonish, there’s still a lot of material to adapt.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:39 am Reply with quote
The season 3 final episode ends at chapter 90 of the manga, at the moment the manga has 118 chapters and ongoing ..., so yeah guys, we are looking at a 2 cour final season

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Super_M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:41 am Reply with quote
Final season and manga is still on-going. I'm curious if we get different endings.
Drifter24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
The end of an era....before all we are left with is isekai trash. Lets hope Vinland Saga and Dr. Stone really knocks it out of the park
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:52 am Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
Final season and manga is still on-going. I'm curious if we get different endings.

I imagine the manga is ending soon, and the final anime season should adapt the rest of the manga faithfully.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 am Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:

What? No. Why would you think that? Final season in 2020, the manga is is in its final arc. If anything they will end simultaneously or at least the anime will follow close behind the manga.
matt78

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Drifter24 wrote:
The end of an era....before all we are left with is isekai trash. Lets hope Vinland Saga and Dr. Stone really knocks it out of the park

I'm looking forward to those two but also still have future seasons of My Hero Academia and the Promised Neverland to look forward to. I am also hoping that they eventually give an anime series to My Hero Academia: Vigilantes.
Super_M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
What? No. Why would you think that?

Anime could be ending sooner than manga and Isayama could give alternate ending so that the fans do not watch the same thing again.
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Assuming it is more than one cour (which I'm sure it will be), I hope it airs continuously rather than being split into parts like season 3 was.
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
Connor Dino wrote:
What? No. Why would you think that?

Anime could be ending sooner than manga and Isayama could give alternate ending so that the fans do not watch the same thing again.

While worlds away from Attack on Titan, Kampfer gave a different ending for each medium. The light novel and the manga have at least slightly different endings, and at the end of the manga the author states there would have been a third one if the anime had reached a conclusion.

Basically, changing the ending for an adaptation isn't anything revolutionary, although there is no guarantee it will happen (especially since it is somewhat rare from what I have seen).
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Drifter24 wrote:
a lot of people consider this to be on par with that, so the fact that this show won't take up any more time slots after this will be good news for a lot of people. Every ending is a new beginning
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
So all those rumors Wit was giving up animating Attack on Titan ended up being not true after all?
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
So all those rumors Wit was giving up animating Attack on Titan ended up being not true after all?

No they were true,just because they won't be the ones doing it,doesn't mean somebody else can't.
Hansond Jaysond Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I did not expect them to make this announcement this soon.

Since the manga has yet to end, maybe we'll get another split season?
I mean, I don't know at which chapter Isayama wants to end the series, but if The Final Season were to air in Fall next year, that means there will be 10+ chapters available in addition to the currently available 28 chapters.
But I don't believe WIT can animate the chapters released right before the premiere that quickly without sacrificing the animation quality.
So, 2 split cours is the most logical route WIT should take.

Plus, Isayama has always been consulting WIT regarding the anime adaptation.
So, I'd be surprised if WIT are allowed to make up their own ending (hopefully it wont end up like D&D with Game of Thrones).

And how are they going to adapt The Final Season, season 1-2 style (1 and half chapter per episode) or season 3 style (2 chapters per episode)?
More episodes with slightly slower pacing or less episodes with faster pacing?

Either way, I'm glad that we only have to wait one year to get more AoT.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I hope that the final season gets a manga accurate ending which should be possible with two cours. It is a little interesting though for them to announce the final season when the manga is still being published.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3