• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - The Soothing Sounds of Summertime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm super excited for Promare, it just looks really cool, and seems like a fun movie to see in theaters with a bunch of people.

I totally get why the MHA S4 premiere was dubbed considering the dub is what Funimation actually hosts on their service (I thought it might change given the Funi/CR partnership ending, but it seems like they kept doing those deals on an individual basis given the past couple seasons), and the easier availability for the english actors for the panel. I think if they managed to bring a bunch of Japanese guests, they would have shown the subbed version instead.

I would agree with Zac's assessment on industry panels being a bit boring. There's a reason the Discotek panel was easily the best one out of all the ones I went to at Otakon last year -- they actually have a ton of announcements!

My top anime of the season, outside of continuing Fruits Basket, is easily "O Maidens In Your Savage Season." The promise of a complete adaptation is a huge bonus on top of already liking the premise and characters. I also liked the premieres for Vinland Saga, Fire Force (visually at least), and Astra: Lost in Space. I'll probably just read Dr. Stone as the episode itself was just okay, but I've heard it gets really good. I am interested to see what the most anticipated series are, because there doesn't seem to be a clear favorite this season.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the breakdown of the new anime season, which for me is shaping up nicely. So far my favorite new shows are Danmachi II, O Maidens in Your Savage Season, Astra Lost in Space and Dr. Stone.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:41 am Reply with quote
Still talking about the earthquakes.. total non event! which is a good thing.
I was oblivious to all 3 of them, mostly because of the little amount of sitting I did at AX this year.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:18 am Reply with quote
That's interesting to hear that the MHA episode was dubbed. I don't think Funimation has officially said anything, but that at least suggests they are going to start out with same-day dubs like last season.
LightningCount

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I was skipping around this episode to hear Zac's reaction to Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0's new AX preview, but it doesn't seem to be in this episode. Did he not see it yet, or maybe didn't want to see a sneak peek in this sort of way? (i.e. Out of context, with a larger film coming in roughly a year.)

Yeah, definitely expect announcements or behind-the-scenes stuff at industry panels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1