• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Wins Best Manga at Harvey Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thezentris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:28 am Reply with quote
Love Mob Psycho and all that..but really it didn't compete against anything. If it got best MANGA and competed vs mob...what? you mean a webcomic or are they actually referencing anime too? MHA can have best current anime, normal people and anime die-hards alike love it. Best manga is a mega stretch and just an opinion made by the sheer amount of people that d-ride MHA.
casenumber00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 am Reply with quote
I swear, these awards for manga are like the best pictures of animation, the judges arbitrarily pick something they happen to see or choose the one their kids liked. No critical analysis involved.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:53 am Reply with quote
I mean, they're all solid choices, but having read all of them, I'd give my winner choice to Witch Hat Atelier, which should be read by everyone immediately.
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:33 am Reply with quote
I've seen the Mob Psycho anime and the Boku no Hero Academia anime. I think the former is better than the latter, but the latter is still a fantastic shounen.
Just looking at the cover of Atelier I would be inclined to agree that it's probably a great manga. I'll place that in my high priority manga list, but given that manga is low priority I won't be reading it anytime soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1