• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Prince of Tennis 3D CG Anime Film Delayed to 2021

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:31 am Reply with quote
Off topic, won't ANN mention that [email protected]@m is shutting down and [email protected] B0x will no longer doing translations for WSJ mangas. Most netizens(based on Twitter) are sad & crying over it( I'll admit, I'm a bit sad) Now we have to wait not-so-good official translations from Viz on Sundays instead of unofficial ones on Fridays. Sad.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:51 am Reply with quote
topless tennis? Laughing
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:59 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
spoiler[Off topic, won't ANN mention that [email protected]@m is shutting down and [email protected] B0x will no longer doing translations for WSJ mangas. Most netizens are sad & crying over it and so do I. Now we have to wait crappy official translations from Viz on Sundays instead of unofficial ones on Fridays. Sad.]

Of course not. Why would they advocate for piracy?
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:40 am Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:
spoiler[Off topic, won't ANN mention that [email protected]@m is shutting down and [email protected] B0x will no longer doing translations for WSJ mangas. Most netizens are sad & crying over it and so do I. Now we have to wait crappy official translations from Viz on Sundays instead of unofficial ones on Fridays. Sad.]

Of course not. Why would they advocate for piracy?

And even with MangaPlus, reading manga on online legally is still difficult and for some it's not accessible (some popular mangas are not part of WSJ like Attack on Titan,One Punch Man,Vinland Saga, etc.) So it's a blow for them. I read one article about effects of manga sales due to piracy and it's interesting: https://torrentfreak.com/piracy-boosts-sales-of-some-manga-comics-research-shows-190920/

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:19 am Reply with quote
Yeah, we get it, but that's not the point of this thread.

All I can say is that it's kinda criminal that in that poster, they added a random cat instead of Karupin. Is it going to be some kind of time travel thing? Because otherwise, I don't really get the idea of "rebirth" with Ryoma (unless they're trying to reboot the series)...
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:13 am Reply with quote
Why would they ruin this series with CG? I am disappointed.
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:44 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Off topic, won't ANN mention that [email protected]@m is shutting down and [email protected] B0x will no longer doing translations for WSJ mangas. Most netizens(based on Twitter) are sad & crying over it( I'll admit, I'm a bit sad) Now we have to wait not-so-good official translations from Viz on Sundays instead of unofficial ones on Fridays. Sad.

Looks like us Brits are buggered seeing as we don't get half of the manga anyway.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Why would they ruin this series with CG? I am disappointed.

Depends on which version of CG this is if it's Berserk 2016 bad if it's DragonQuest 2019 not bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1