• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nitro+CHiRAL's Slow Damage Game Gets Prequel Manga in Summer 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super_M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:41 am Reply with quote
Considering decline in VN market in Japan, I don't be surprised if Slow Damage could be last Chiral VN. I wonder how failure or success was DMMd stage play maybe they would adapt rest their VN as stage plays.
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:57 am Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
Considering decline in VN market in Japan

What makes you say so?
Super_M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:01 pm Reply with quote
^
I'm not big fan of vn I prefer anime and manga but when I follow vn discussion and people complain that market is not in good shape like in fuwanovel community.
https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17809-are-leading-companies-like-nitroplus-and-typemoon-affected-by-the-decline-in-the-jp-vn-industry/?tab=comments#comment-453359

ANN wrote few years ago article about state of VN bishoujo.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-24/minori-producer-discusses-decline-of-bishojo-game-industry
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
^
I'm not big fan of vn I prefer anime and manga but when I follow vn discussion and people complain that market is not in good shape like in fuwanovel community.
https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17809-are-leading-companies-like-nitroplus-and-typemoon-affected-by-the-decline-in-the-jp-vn-industry/?tab=comments#comment-453359

ANN wrote few years ago article about state of VN bishoujo.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-24/minori-producer-discusses-decline-of-bishojo-game-industry

These are quite old... I've seen many new Japanese VNs on Steam, which was unthinkable several years ago - so they have an additional revenue stream now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1