• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Weathering With You Film Ranks #2 Again in U.S. on Thursday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:19 am Reply with quote
I went Wednesday night to watch the film, I thought the story was unique. I love the animation of Makoto Shinkai films. I'm thinking of going to see it again at the cinemas on Sunday.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Checked it out in Canada on Thursday.

Great watch for lovers of animation, especially rainy day stuff which really puts the animators to work.

Story was just so-so overall. Your Name remains Shinkai's best work. I do like the ending of this one though.

Also one thing that annoys me about Shinkai is unnecessary use of background music, particularly Radwimps pop songs. Sometimes it's best to just let a scene play out without bg music interrupting the tension, or try a more appropriate orchestral arrangement. Bad timing and choice of music can mess up scenes that are otherwise great without it.
Lizuka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I saw it on Thursday, liked it a lot. I wouldn't call it as good as Your Name but it's a very solid follow-up. Animation is gorgeous and it has a lot of laughs.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I seen it on Thursday and I absolutely loved it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1