• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Quintessential Quintuplets Manga Ends Serialization in 3 Chapters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperRed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:40 am Reply with quote
I don't care what anyone says, this is one of the best shonen manga I've read, my favorite character didn't win, but it makes sense why.

Fun fact, 122 chapters is 1+2+2=5, wonder if Negi has something planned lol.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:15 am Reply with quote
SuperRed wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, this is one of the best shonen manga I've read, my favorite character didn't win, but it makes sense why.

Fun fact, 122 chapters is 1+2+2=5, wonder if Negi has something planned lol.

My girl won lol. It always made sense to me that she should/would so I'm extremely happy. I'm confused though. What day does it end? Is it 3 including today's chapter? Or 3 AFTER today's?
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah, one of my favorites too. It started off just okay but it really turned into something amazing around the halfway point.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:33 am Reply with quote
It ended in chapter 112, idk what this post is about...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:12 am Reply with quote
So, is the second season of the anime still being made? It was supposed to air this season, but it didn't happen. As far as I can tell the producers never explained what happened.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:20 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
So, is the second season of the anime still being made? It was supposed to air this season, but it didn't happen. As far as I can tell the producers never explained what happened.
There's a rumor that it's going to be this Summer 2020 now.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:10 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Well it was listed for this season on MAL and some other sites. They never officially confirmed it for Winter. Would be nice to know when they will air it though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Girl I wanted to win didn't, but the more I think of the result the more I like it.

spoiler[Super rare to see the girl who was nice to MC from day one be the winner. And as Fuutaro explained, Yotsuba was always the one supporting him. Whenever he had trouble with the other girls Yotsuba was the one he went to for advice. I get that people are mad she wasn't actively doing anything to win him over, but it says a lot that she only needed to be herself to catch his eye.]

Here's hoping it sticks the landing and doesn't pull a last minute BS bait and switch like Masamune's Revenge did.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Should've reported this when there were 5 chapters left Wink
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the series and it put a unique spin on the harem genre.

While best girl didn't win, I do think the chosen girl was a surprise but a fitting choice
jenthehen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow - can't wait for the second season of the anime!
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Girl I wanted to win didn't, but the more I think of the result the more I like it.

spoiler[Super rare to see the girl who was nice to MC from day one be the winner. And as Fuutaro explained, Yotsuba was always the one supporting him. Whenever he had trouble with the other girls Yotsuba was the one he went to for advice. I get that people are mad she wasn't actively doing anything to win him over, but it says a lot that she only needed to be herself to catch his eye.]

Here's hoping it sticks the landing and doesn't pull a last minute BS bait and switch like Masamune's Revenge did.

spoiler[Also, I think that they each kept opposite halves of the promise they made to each other in childhood - to become better students and become someone who could be relied upon. Our winner became the worst student, but someone everyone turned to when they needed help, while Fuutaro became the best student to the exclusion of everything else. I find it fitting that they came together in the end, even if I was rooting for someone else.]
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Hope the anime can cover it all but I doubt 2 seasons is gonna be enough
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Man 3 more chapters....Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Arrow Sad..well I'll definitely say this, this was one of the better manga to come out from Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine and most definitely one of the best harem series that does the harem genre justice. I am really going to miss this series. I hope to see another manga by Negi Haruba in the near future, he is great mangaka.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious if they'll announce a 3rd season of the anime to conclude the story. Granted, there wouldn't be a manga to promote anymore, but the DVD's sold very well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2