• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Switch Game's Video Reveals May 29 Launch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 pm Reply with quote
God, this remake looks so gorgeous. It's great to see the graphics' full potential now that's on the Switch. And I am very curious what the story epilogue will be about since supposedly it looks like Melia and Shulk are the only playable characters for now (maybe one of the Nopan are playable also).
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Having cosmetic slots is good. Big problem with the original is your characters changed to whatever armor they were wearing, which looked pretty dumb at times. Hopefully they have a JP voice option as well.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
God, this remake looks so gorgeous. It's great to see the graphics' full potential now that's on the Switch.
Yes as impressive as the large areas were on the Wii, as well as being able to handle multiple large models and some great particle effects, it really took a hit on the texture quality. It certainly looks way better with uncompressed or new textures textures.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1