• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why were my topics deleted?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toprak

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I created some topics, many of them still exists but some of them deleted for instance Nagatoro and Bijin Onna Joushi Takizawa-san, the amount may be higher than these I don't remember. I've seen that users can create topic anime series discussion, and I just created for manga one. I wonder why were deleted these topics, did I violate rules?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Your posts are under investigation. Because you are linking to a 3rd party site - one that provides links to scanlations at that - it's likely they will all be removed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
toprak

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 2:48 am Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
Your posts are under investigation. Because you are linking to a 3rd party site - one that provides links to scanlations at that - it's likely they will all be removed.
But some manga does not have on encyclopedia that's why i
linked 3rd part. Okay I'm not going to post scanlation link My bad.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:08 pm Reply with quote
The other problems are the many of your posts offer up very little in terms of actual discussion. Given your short time here and amount of posts made it comes off as spamming. To further illustrate this you have created many manga threads with those links already mentioned. In many of them it is just you posting over, and over, and over again with no discussion of any sort taking place. In most of the threads no one else has even posted in them.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:37 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
The other problems are the many of your posts offer up very little in terms of actual discussion. Given your short time here and amount of posts made it comes off as spamming. To further illustrate this you have created many manga threads with those links already mentioned. In many of them it is just you posting over, and over, and over again with no discussion of any sort taking place. In most of the threads no one else has even posted in them.

Okay, If you want, I would not post. I just wanted to resurrect manga section. I will continue, I don't think that I disturb anyone.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:44 am Reply with quote
Otakuch wrote:

Okay, If you want, I would not post. I just wanted to resurrect manga section. I will continue, I don't think that I disturb anyone.

Your intent to "resurrect" the manga section is admirable, but simply spamming the section with threads that nobody posts in but yourself does not do that. We encourage discussion here of course, but the stipulation to that is there needs to be actual discussion from other posters too and not just the creator of the topic. That simply becomes a personal blog in essence. Unfortunately not all topics garner interest or discussion.

If you want to foster discussion you should try posting 1 or 2 topics with questions of some sort that allow for users to provide thoughts and opinions. Not just threads that are a chapter by chapter synopsis of an obscure manga. "Why do you think this sub-genre of manga are suddenly popular?" "Have you ever noticed this in various manga?" Something like that. Then let other posters actually post in them before you post 5, 6, 7 etc consecutive posts yourself. Generally speaking if it's just a thread of you talking to yourself with no room for discussion it's going to turn people off from wanting to post in the topic.
toprak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Otakuch wrote:

Your intent to "resurrect" the manga section is admirable, but simply spamming the section with threads that nobody posts in but yourself does not do that. We encourage discussion here of course, but the stipulation to that is there needs to be actual discussion from other posters too and not just the creator of the topic. That simply becomes a personal blog in essence. Unfortunately not all topics garner interest or discussion.

If you want to foster discussion you should try posting 1 or 2 topics with questions of some sort that allow for users to provide thoughts and opinions. Not just threads that are a chapter by chapter synopsis of an obscure manga. "Why do you think this sub-genre of manga are suddenly popular?" "Have you ever noticed this in various manga?" Something like that. Then let other posters actually post in them before you post 5, 6, 7 etc consecutive posts yourself. Generally speaking if it's just a thread of you talking to yourself with no room for discussion it's going to turn people off from wanting to post in the topic.

Okay, thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1