Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tsugumomo BR




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SilverTalon01



Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Posts: 2150
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
episode about suicide victim


I get what you meant because you touched on it more in the main body of the review, but seeing it listed like that as a + felt a bit odd.

Anyway, I basically agree with your conclusion. Fun watch, but it didn't blow me away or anything. I hadn't heard about the censorship on the bluray. That would turn me away from buying it as a general rule, but this isn't the kind of series that I would usually feel compelled to buy the discs to collect. I mostly buy discs for series that have a complete story, and even with a second season, I don't think this is going to conclude.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Catsplay



Joined: 24 Sep 2015
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quote
The loli elements are part of the appeal of the series for me (as the series goes on in the manga it starts going really hard on the ecchi aspects for a lot of different character types, loli being one of the most prominent) so I pretty much refuse to buy the Blu-Rays due to the censorship and hope one day it gets a true uncensored release. Also hoping season 2 just straight up gets released as an uncensored version in the West too but I'm not holding my breath with this series. At least if the manga got released over here we wouldn't have to worry about censorship...maybe Seven Seas can pick it up since they're almost finished To Love Ru Darkness and these series are about equal in the ecchi aspect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killjoy_the



Joined: 30 May 2015
Posts: 2091
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote
^ I really wouldn't say To Love Ru's "MC falls into girl and somehow grabs her panties with his teeth and grabs her ass and breasts at the same time" is about as equal to Tsugumomo's spoiler["Kiriha and Kazuya trade giving each other 10 orgams per chapter on purpose"].

My expectations for the anime were always neutered giving both the early content being not as good as chapters later down the line, the unquestionable step down the fanservice would have to take given what we get on the manga, and the very very low possibility of sakuga on the great action scenes the manga paints with spreads and paneling. Overall, it's not a bad anime - just middle of the pack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cookiemanstah



Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 296
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:31 pm Reply with quote
hope im not too late but given what this anime is, is it good to scour out if you're solely looking for something just short of being hentai? That's pretty much its only purpose but some of these comments indicate its censored or butchered

Last edited by cookiemanstah on Thu May 28, 2020 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
octopodpie
ANN Managing Editor


Joined: 02 May 2011
Posts: 1950
Location: Washington State
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Buddy, you can't publicly ask if something is good masturbation material here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Terry Lang
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 10 Jan 2017
Posts: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I liked this one. The fan-service appealed to me more then it does in other anime. I think it was more creative then usual.
Besides that the plot is often smarter then you'd expect for this kind of show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 16199
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:51 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
hope im not too late but given what this anime is, is it good to scour out if you're solely looking for something just short of being hentai? That's pretty much its only purpose but some of these comments indicate its censored or butchered

Interspecies Reviewers was just short of being hentai. This one (the anime version, anyway, as it sounds like the manga is racier) is at least a full step below that, more in line with something like High School DxD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookiemanstah



Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 296
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:
hope im not too late but given what this anime is, is it good to scour out if you're solely looking for something just short of being hentai? That's pretty much its only purpose but some of these comments indicate its censored or butchered

Interspecies Reviewers was just short of being hentai. This one (the anime version, anyway, as it sounds like the manga is racier) is at least a full step below that, more in line with something like High School DxD.

late reply.

I saw some footage of this anime RAW for sampling and was wondering if this site has policies against this kind of anime because it's vague based on how the other commentator was displeased with the bluntness of my original post. There are columns or archived reviews for hard ecchi anime but not much open coverage like some sites. This, Ikkitousen, and DxD are the type of anime I see as short of hentai. Ecchi anime I would see as "not quite there" would be something like Infinite Stratos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 16199
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:12 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
I saw some footage of this anime RAW for sampling and was wondering if this site has policies against this kind of anime because it's vague based on how the other commentator was displeased with the bluntness of my original post. There are columns or archived reviews for hard ecchi anime but not much open coverage like some sites. This, Ikkitousen, and DxD are the type of anime I see as short of hentai. Ecchi anime I would see as "not quite there" would be something like Infinite Stratos.

Despite what some people might insist, we don't have any policies against this kind of anime. As long as it's not full hentai, we'll talk about it and review it. (We did even used to review hentai back in the early days of the site, until the editors decided that it was pointless.)

What is considered crossing the line is asking things like "what's the best anime to beat off to?" As a Moderator, that's considered in the same no-no category as frank discussions about sexual acts.

Anyway, while I might have agreed with your above opinion on those titles at one point, titles like Testament of Sister New Devil and especially Interspecies Reviewers have shown that there is, indeed, another level between DxD and hentai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group