• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Super Robot Wars 30th Anniversary' Game Listed for PS5, PS4, Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
place holder. Confused
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Legend of the Galactic Heroes battleships/characters after all this time? Surprised they never included that series yet in any of the games. Then again they just added Captain Harlock after all these years with T so here's hoping~

Also hopeful for Macross Delta and Iron Blooded Orphans characters too. Also I hope they add Valvrave and IBO to this one cause I don't have a Japanese account nor do I have space for App games on my phone. PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE~ I love Valvrave even if it was a trainwreck it was MY trainwreck of a show.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Guess I’ll be getting it.
Been a fan of the game series since ‘99.
I’d like to see Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure appear in a Super Robot Wars title.
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully we'll be getting an engine overhaul and some more polish, since they've stepped back from annual releases for whatever this is.

Series list will, as usual, be determined by what has new merch coming out, but hopefully with more time they'll be allowed a freer hand blending series together. Compared to some of the older games, a lot of recent SRWs felt to me like they were dropping meaningful crossover moments in favor of just taking turns recreating moments from different series.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Hopefully Legend of the Galactic Heroes battleships/characters after all this time? Surprised they never included that series yet in any of the games. Then again they just added Captain Harlock after all these years with T so here's hoping~

Also hopeful for Macross Delta and Iron Blooded Orphans characters too. Also I hope they add Valvrave and IBO to this one cause I don't have a Japanese account nor do I have space for App games on my phone. PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE~ I love Valvrave even if it was a trainwreck it was MY trainwreck of a show.

I agree with everything you said except about Macross Delta. Thanks to that legal morass the franchise has been stuck in for almost four decades, a Macross title showing up in a SRW game guarantees that the game will not be released outside of Japan. It's no coincidence that the games from this new International Era (V, X and T) don't have any Macross series.
The sad truth is, the words "International release" and the name "Macross" are not compatible.
rarirurero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:00 am Reply with quote
Here is hoping the Japanese release follows SD Gundam CrossRays lead in including English text localization.
At least for the Switch that makes it easier to get the download version from the e-shop without waiting for shipping and having another physical cartridge to keep track of.
Pricey solution though, granted.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:57 pm Reply with quote
My Dream is Symphogear.

If Tekkaman can be in it, then Symphogear can, too.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:17 pm Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
My Dream is Symphogear.

If Tekkaman can be in it, then Symphogear can, too.

I'm with ya on that one, if Teknoman/Tekkaman Blade can be two main series games I don't see why Symphogear can't. I also want to see SSSS.Gridman, Darling in the FranXX, Shinkalion, and a Brave(other than GaoGaiGar and Might Gaine) in a future game.

OH! Also both the original Gaiking and the Legend of Daiku-Maryu remake in the same game.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:08 pm Reply with quote
OtherSideofSky wrote:
Hopefully we'll be getting an engine overhaul and some more polish, since they've stepped back from annual releases for whatever this is.

Series list will, as usual, be determined by what has new merch coming out, but hopefully with more time they'll be allowed a freer hand blending series together. Compared to some of the older games, a lot of recent SRWs felt to me like they were dropping meaningful crossover moments in favor of just taking turns recreating moments from different series.

That would indeed be very cool since they'll have had extra time.
It'd be really nice to have a new one in the first year or so of the PS5.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1