• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: By the Grace of the Gods Anime Unveils More Cast, Theme Song Artists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:51 pm Reply with quote
The Manga is great for this so I hope the show is going to be good as well.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:55 pm Reply with quote
That's a lot of Y,u,k, & i. Welanna and Mizelia are fine, but Welanna is the one. I'm more interested than I was before. Hope to see them in a trailer soon.
Cryten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Whats the potato rating on this one? Textural highlight of a salad? Half Baked? Full Mash?

Or is the MC a more commanding vegetable? Smile
TexZero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:32 am Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
Whats the potato rating on this one? Textural highlight of a salad? Half Baked? Full Mash?

Or is the MC a more commanding vegetable? Smile

I dont get the reference to salads or vegetables here but only judging from the pre-screened first episode it's an Iyashikei Isekai and the MC is more or less very comptent at his job before being run ragged and being Isekai'd. His Isekai'd self is also competent but has to hide the depth of his abilities from the world at first because he's almost "too" good at magic.
Cryten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:06 am Reply with quote
I was just being silly to indicate I meant no malice by it. Potato-kun is a protagonist who is plain and inoffensive with as little texture as possible in an effort to be very easy to project onto.

I was jokingly asking (while genuinely interested in) how strong a personality of a protagonist do we get. Is it a Subaru and Kazuma level character where they take front and centre with very strong personalities. The more average cool guy with 1 or 2 faults like shield hero and sword arts leads. Or the full potato who barely exists except to attract females with how strong he is like 8th's sons main character.
TexZero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
I was just being silly to indicate I meant no malice by it. Potato-kun is a protagonist who is plain and inoffensive with as little texture as possible in an effort to be very easy to project onto.

I was jokingly asking (while genuinely interested in) how strong a personality of a protagonist do we get. Is it a Subaru and Kazuma level character where they take front and centre with very strong personalities. The more average cool guy with 1 or 2 faults like shield hero and sword arts leads. Or the full potato who barely exists except to attract females with how strong he is like 8th's sons main character.

I wouldn't say he exists solely to attract females. He's basically trying to live a nice calm life with minimal disruptions and for the most part is a decent person working through a 2nd chance at life after being thrust into shitty first one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1