• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Microsoft Launches Xbox Series X Console in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:00 pm Reply with quote
While the graphics in the infinite trailer didn't look all that bad I could see the argument of why dont you have it running ray tracing at launch so I definitely understand the need for the delay. Still plenty to play on the console though at launch. Definitely looking forward to getting my first console at launch.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Despite all the new features and the processing power of this new Xbox, I'm not sure if it can compete with the PS5 without it's major title. I'm not someone who is obsessed with graphics but even I was underwhelmed by Halo Infinite's presentation a couple of weeks ago, it didn't look as modern as the titles Sony showed in their presentation. It also seems impossible that Microsoft can compete against Nintendo and Sony in the Japanese market.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
Despite all the new features and the processing power of this new Xbox, I'm not sure if it can compete with the PS5 without it's major title. I'm not someone who is obsessed with graphics but even I was underwhelmed by Halo Infinite's presentation a couple of weeks ago, it didn't look as modern as the titles Sony showed in their presentation. It also seems impossible that Microsoft can compete against Nintendo and Sony in the Japanese market.

They pretty .uch stopped heavily trying with selling their console in japan. The xbox had always been way more popular competitively in north America and europe.
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Silver Kirin wrote:

They pretty .uch stopped heavily trying with selling their console in japan. The xbox had always been way more popular competitively in north America and europe.

Incorrect about Europe, aside from the UK, Xbox doesn't have a lot of market share compared to PlayStation. The only place they stand a chance against Sony, is in North America.

I find funny how Yakuza is basically a timed exclusive on the Xbox, when the sales are most likely drastically better on the PlayStation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1