• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Outsider anime "jokes/parodies" you can't stand

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furwerk studios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Ever had one of those "jokes" that people with a faint knowledge of anime often makes, one so bad it feels like it belongs in a "blank" Movie.

Which ones you would wish would, stop, full stop.

Me, I can't stand shallow parodies in cartoons, a lot of times it doesn't feel like a homage or a loving nug but a full on "animez r stupidz" by very angry animators and writers who think their jobs are on the line, or by "totally radical dudes" community with just a quick wikipedia glance.

And also the tentacles and school girls references, it's just such an over used meme abused for cheap laughs.
KawaiiUwUDesuHurr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:30 am Reply with quote
I agree. But at this point the forced memes by fans are a million times worse. At least in cartoons it's just a joke or a single episode. But every time I go online I see some dumb, unfunny "joke" about some aspect of anime or its subculture, or done in a way that makes me feel like my brain is melting out of my skull.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I hate the assumption that all anime fans are guys in basements who have a million waifus. Mostly because I’m a woman who loves shoujo and otome games, and the mainstream, as well as some anime fans, don’t seem to acknowledge that fans like me exist, which we certainly do.

Anime fans are as diverse as any other fan group.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1