• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Superstar!! Anime Reveals 5 Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubaruSumeragi22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:07 am Reply with quote
Ah, they got Liyuu. Nice!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:10 am Reply with quote
I get this new group was announced around a similar time as Nijigasaki, but it still feels sudden they're introducing them while everyone else is really warming up towards Nijigasaki. I do wonder what their anime plans are so it doesn't look like Superstar is shoving off Nijigasaki way too soon.
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:20 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one that does not like the design of the new girls they look so blend compered to the other Idols in love live shows.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:37 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I get this new group was announced around a similar time as Nijigasaki, but it still feels sudden they're introducing them while everyone else is really warming up towards Nijigasaki. I do wonder what their anime plans are so it doesn't look like Superstar is shoving off Nijigasaki way too soon.

Nijigasaki was announced in 2017, Liella! was 2020 so quite a large difference! I can't believe NijiGaku have been around so long now.

But NijiGaku always seemed to be a sort of side project rather than the "proper" 3rd generation of Love Live! so I wouldn't be surprised to see it airing pretty close to the Superstar!! anime.
Lo Wang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:29 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping it won't be a boring, devoid of humor, slice of life anime with the idol theme tacked on to it like Nijigasaki and more like School Idol Project and Sunshine. Nagasaki's cast is just bland compared to µ's and Aqours.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:57 am Reply with quote
Lo Wang wrote:
Here's hoping it won't be a boring, devoid of humor, slice of life anime with the idol theme tacked on to it like Nijigasaki and more like School Idol Project and Sunshine. Nagasaki's cast is just bland compared to µ's and Aqours.

I would have pegged sort of bland with Emma despite her focus episode, but the rest gets to really show off in ways that are quite grounded yet exciting and relatable. This is especially true with Rina's and Shizuku's episodes.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:59 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited about this!
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:01 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Here is the thing: Nijigasaki was created for the smartphone game. There were no plans to make an anime for them until their game made a ton of money to show they managed to be as well liked as their predecessors. Even then, seeing as the game is still ongoing, it's obvious it will remain the "core" of Nijigasaki, unlike the other two (now three) groups, where the anime played this role.
So no, Nijigasaki wasn't shoved off too early. It only looks like that if you are an anime-only.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Nijigasaki was announced in 2017, Liella! was 2020 so quite a large difference! I can't believe NijiGaku have been around so long now.

But NijiGaku always seemed to be a sort of side project rather than the "proper" 3rd generation of Love Live! so I wouldn't be surprised to see it airing pretty close to the Superstar!! anime.

Historically new LL time from band announcement to anime is couple years. Likely this anime will not debut before 2022 or early 2023. If pattern follows, we get second season and maybe movie of Nijigasaki before this series debut as anime. Lantis wants band to have two years of concerts and single releases prior to anime release to create following first.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:31 pm Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Here is the thing: Nijigasaki was created for the smartphone game. There were no plans to make an anime for them until their game made a ton of money to show they managed to be as well liked as their predecessors. Even then, seeing as the game is still ongoing, it's obvious it will remain the "core" of Nijigasaki, unlike the other two (now three) groups, where the anime played this role.
So no, Nijigasaki wasn't shoved off too early. It only looks like that if you are an anime-only.

Actually, Niji probably should have progressed a lot quicker but delayed cause of said mobile game. The Anime should have been out at least a year a go and they should have been a lot further in their cycle but they were tied with the LL SIFAS game so were delayed as that was delayed.

I was going to reply to the original quoted post that they were delayed, but couldn't remember why until your post, so thank you.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Lo Wang wrote:

Nope, the Nijigasaki girls are likable, and I like this grounded style. I'm not dissing the style of the prior works, but this was a good change of pace for Love Live! as a whole.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1