• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: My Hero Academia Promotes Government Anti-Piracy Filtering Service

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I can't re-read MHA mangas legaly because in my country, Shonen Jump website is region locked and MangaPlus has only three first and last chapters, which is pathetic. I still thinking that JP's strict copyright law could affect in Worldwide like EU's GDPR. How am I supposed to read mangas on legal sites that there's a lack of legal manga sites and some of them are region locked.

I'm worried that if all non-legal mangas sites shutdown, reading mangas on online will be more harder and inaccessible. Sad.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:37 pm Reply with quote
You're supposed to buy the volumes for those other chapters
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
who seek to create "a safe online environment for youths."

yeah, yeah, we believe u....... --'
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:00 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Yeah, I can't re-read MHA mangas legaly because in my country, Shonen Jump website is region locked and MangaPlus has only three first and last chapters, which is pathetic. I still thinking that JP's strict copyright law could affect in Worldwide like EU's GDPR. How am I supposed to read mangas on legal sites that there's a lack of legal manga sites and some of them are region locked.

I'm worried that if all non-legal mangas sites shutdown, reading mangas on online will be more harder and inaccessible. Sad.

Pathetic? It's free. But I agree MangaPlus should let people who don't have legal options get the manga chapters. But I guess your Manga licensers are bad at there job
dragonquiz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:18 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
You're supposed to buy the volumes for those other chapters

In some countries, they may have just started or be way behind by like 10 or more volumes and would take a while to catch up. Or the volumes are just prohibitively expensive (relative to wages in the specific location and how much the volumes cost) to buy for a person. Or doing a dark horse route; stop printing/publicize at a random volume after publishing a good number of volumes, yet still hold onto said license, and don't release a new volume in years. Then print a volume or two and then stop again (even though you know that you're behind by 5, 10 or more volumes compared to the japanese release at that point), with no info on the next volume with an anonymous amazon or equivalent listing with a potential release date 14-26 months of whenever it was posted and like years have gone by since the last release.

So yeah saying just buy the volumes may not cut it to a person or for an entire series anywhere in a legal, the language that you can read in, sense and may have to take the pirate route to read the chapters.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I understand all that, I'm just saying that's why Mangaplus doesn't have all chapters up
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:55 am Reply with quote
These campaigns are a joke. People will continue to pirate content regardless of the threats etc.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:46 am Reply with quote
karyuudo0127 wrote:
These campaigns are a joke. People will continue to pirate content regardless of the threats etc.

The campaigns aren't for committed IP infringers; they're for readers on the fence and to advertise to investors that something is being done about IP infringement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1