• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hello, I am a Witch and my Crush Wants me to Make a Love Potion! Novel 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There's only one instance that stands out, when Rose thinks “As if!”, which I can't say I've heard since the 1990s.

Counterpoint: A girl raised by her grandmother in isolation from the main society should use outdated slang, perhaps. Wink

There are the occasional light novels and elsewhere where people use outdated slang, though it's often pointed out by other characters; Emilia in Re:Zero being a notable example.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:

Counterpoint: A girl raised by her grandmother in isolation from the main society should use outdated slang, perhaps. Wink

(Counter)point taken! I'm embarrassed I didn't think of that. Smile Mostly I'm just happy we got a second volume of this story.
Janicowers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:14 am Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing!
Merxamers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:13 am Reply with quote
I've enjoyed this series, feels very much like a "Hallmark Films" fantasy romance. I quite enjoyed when spoiler[Rose basically adopts Lulu as her child when her abilities were realized] Anime hyper

Satisfying little series; not sure if any more volumes are upcoming, but i'll read them if they come.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1