• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Days on Fes GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pixelatedlenses
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I've been holding out on getting volume 1 of Days on Fes, and now, I feel really convinced to get it. A cozy, low-stakes manga about music festivals sounds like the perfect bit of escapism right now, especially if Ajani Oloye (one of my favorite translators) is part of the localization team.
lys

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I picked it up (as another Ajani fan :D) not knowing what to expect of the story itself, but found it just really pleasant and enjoyable, as this review says! The first chapter or so I found less striking, as I was thinking about the difficulty of conveying the experience of enjoying music in a comic format, but I felt like it found its footing (or I worked through my own hang-ups) soon after as it explored different aspects of the experience and event and we got more familiar with the characters. I look forward to reading more as well!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1