• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ASHIDAKA - The Iron Hero Manga Ends in Next Chapter in August

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:35 am Reply with quote
I'm so mad about this. I've been enjoying this manga a lot, and to make it worse, ending it now leaves so many things hanging! I guess this must have been pretty sudden news to the mangaka as well... I look forward to their new work, whenever and wherever it happens, but I'm still really sad about Ashidaka's story being cut short. (I wanted to see what they planned for Geji, dammit!)

This is the second manga I'd been really enjoying that had been axed recently. I hope the mangaka will find a way to play with these characters some more, even as just "fan"art on pixiv, or doujinshi... (and at least I still have manga to follow for both artists, Madk and Bakemono yawadzukushi.)

Edit: wait, isn't there a misunderstanding of some sort? I haven't seen GetsuMaga yet but nobody's been talking about this on Twitter, and the manga ending is not noted on the magazine's website/this month's lineup either... Sumiyoshi has even tweeted about the newest chapter appearing in the magazine, and there being more content than they could squeeze in, but nothing about the manga ending.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:07 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Edit: wait, isn't there a misunderstanding of some sort? I haven't seen GetsuMaga yet but nobody's been talking about this on Twitter, and the manga ending is not noted on the magazine's website/this month's lineup either... Sumiyoshi has even tweeted about the newest chapter appearing in the magazine, and there being more content than they could squeeze in, but nothing about the manga ending.

Recently, in the Monthly Shōnen Magazine thread of 5ch,
5channellers said:
「鉄界、次号最終回 ずいぶん慌ただしくたたむんだな」
「設定はちょっと興味深いけど マンガとして下手すぎ」
「打ち切りじゃね? 」
「多分打ち切りだろうね 一枚絵は上手いけど漫画にしたら微妙だと思ってた」
「鉄界はうろ覚えだがだいぶ前に打ち切りかもしれんて作者が言ってなかったっけ? そっから作者がメンタルやったりでむしろ良く今まで続いたよ」
「鉄界好きだったから残念 これで同時期に移籍してきたキミオ・ボイスラ・鉄界3つともポシャったか」
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:43 am Reply with quote
shosakukan wrote:
SHD wrote:

Recently, in the Monthly Shōnen Magazine thread of 5ch,
5channellers said:
「鉄界、次号最終回 ずいぶん慌ただしくたたむんだな」
「設定はちょっと興味深いけど マンガとして下手すぎ」
「打ち切りじゃね? 」
「多分打ち切りだろうね 一枚絵は上手いけど漫画にしたら微妙だと思ってた」
「鉄界はうろ覚えだがだいぶ前に打ち切りかもしれんて作者が言ってなかったっけ? そっから作者がメンタルやったりでむしろ良く今まで続いたよ」
「鉄界好きだったから残念 これで同時期に移籍してきたキミオ・ボイスラ・鉄界3つともポシャったか」

Thank you! Damn... I got my hopes up for a moment. Sad (I don't remember Sumiyoshi mentioning it being axed, though, but perhaps I missed it.) It really is such a pity!
shosakukan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:15 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Thank you! Damn... I got my hopes up for a moment. Sad (I don't remember Sumiyoshi mentioning it being axed, though, but perhaps I missed it.) It really is such a pity!

Sorry for confirming a piece of news which you are sad about. ( ᴗ ᴗ)⁾⁾ bowing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1